Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #1

LCI Level controller location

Does anyone know the location of the Lippert LCI Leveling controller in a 2017 FR3? I am trying to troubleshoot what I think may be an electrical issue.
smfranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfranks View Post
Does anyone know the location of the Lippert LCI Leveling controller in a 2017 FR3? I am trying to troubleshoot what I think may be an electrical issue.
It should be in battery box its a flat guessing now 3x4 thick 1/2. when it pop a flag down you just need to push it back up inside hope it helps
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo111 View Post
It should be in battery box its a flat guessing now 3x4 thick 1/2. when it pop a flag down you just need to push it back up inside hope it helps
That, I think is the circuit breaker, what I need should look like this...attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Controller.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	215149  
smfranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:47 AM   #4

My leveling controller is in the 2nd drivers side compartment where the hydraulic pump is located for the leveling jacks, it is screwed to the plywood ceiling. My coach is a 2015 fr3 30DS. I know because it failed and I had to replace it and the harness.
2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, both A/C have EasyStart, Auto Transfer Switch, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser, dashcam front-rear, Yokohama Tires, air ride seats, onboard air compressor, 3000 watt hybrid Victron inverter Venus Generator Control, centramatic wheel balancers
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogq View Post
My leveling controller is in the 2nd drivers side compartment where the hydraulic pump is located for the leveling jacks, it is screwed to the plywood ceiling. My coach is a 2015 fr3 30DS. I know because it failed and I had to replace it and the harness.
Same here. 2017 FR3 28DS
Old 09-17-2019, 08:02 PM   #6

LCI Controller Circuit breaker

2016 FR3 32DS I just had this problem yesterday rear jacks would not retract I couldn't find breaker anywhere until I got a tech on phone.
it turns out it a semi flat breaker mounted in coach battery area on side of frame you will see large cables going to it then to pump on other side look at breaker if there's a red skinny bar sticking out then it's tripped just push it back in. after that all is well
jgiarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #7

had the same thing happen to my 2016 Georgetown 31b3

saw the FLAG UP , pushed it back in and everything worked
Old 09-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherracing View Post
had the same thing happen to my 2016 Georgetown 31b3

saw the FLAG UP , pushed it back in and everything worked
OP is looking for controller for jacks. Didn’t say anything about a specific problem.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #9

2019 FR Sunseeker

I'm having the same problem ... I can't find the controller.

Anyone have any luck on other potential locations?
5redmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogq View Post

My jacks would not retract yesterday and I had to do them manually, one jack at a time. Trying to use the leveling pad inside the coach got me nothing, not even an error on the pad. Could you expand on how you determined that the leveling controller went bad and why you also had to replace the wiring harness? Thanks.
LDStaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #11

these LCI leveling systems are powered by two different ways:

- the Control Panel is powered by from the Chassis Battery

- the hydraulics for the Legs are powered by the House batteries

if the the Control Panel works, but the legs do not, you've probably tripped a main BUSS BREAKER, usually located at/near the House batteries. Reset the breaker and you'll have power to the legs again.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #12

Hi, sorry to hear that your jacks are not working properly. The problem started with the jacks only running to full extension, then they tripped the “flag” main power breaker in the battery compartment on my 2014 FR3 30DS. I could only retract them by using the manual bypass hex drive. I called Lippert Customer Service, and they took me through a set of troubleshooting steps (like unhook specific wire connectors on the harness, and perform a set of multi button pushes on the controller panel). Then they asked for the date code on my controller box (top of bay containing the pump system). Apparently there was a range where the controller and harness were faulty and they sent me a replacement controller module and harness. I replaced it, re-zeroed the auto level, and it has worked perfectly ever since. I hope this was helpful. Ken
2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, both A/C have EasyStart, Auto Transfer Switch, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser, dashcam front-rear, Yokohama Tires, air ride seats, onboard air compressor, 3000 watt hybrid Victron inverter Venus Generator Control, centramatic wheel balancers
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:50 PM   #13

The LCI controller is that little keypad mounted near the drivers seat. Yes the actual button controls. has the controller mounted to it. I had a jack problem that required unhooking the controller and this is what LCI had me do. It does disable not only the jacks but also the interlocks that prevent the coach from moving. Hope it helps.
KY25DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #14

LCI location Forest River 378TS

I have a 2011 Forest River 378TS and I need to locate the LCI control panel. I've checked the aft bedroom control panel, battery compartment under steps, under coach hood and I looked in all basement compartments. Does anyone know where this mysterious box and be found? I'm jacks are not working an one is partially down. Not getting power to the controller on the dashboard. I also looked for blown fuses. Call a mobile RV repair guy and he couldn't find it either.
ontheedgedth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #15
FR3 Division

Some of you have Norco BAL Accuslides with cables, some have hydraulic and some have the Lippert/ Power Gear Slim Rack. If you call Forest River Service at 574-206-7600 they can help you. Please have your VIN# handy when you call. Please reach out to me directly if you still have questions...
Michael Hums is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, controller, location