Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Leak Issues

I've taken my brand new 2016 30DS to two different dealers for repair of my leaky windshield and leaky AC. 3 times in the shop and both still leak!

Has anyone had this many issues with the AC leaking? I've seen a lot of posts about the windshield, it's time for the windshield to be pulled off and reset and sealed. I'm at my wits end, any advice is greatly appreciated.
__________________

__________________
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
KJcachers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 314
do you have the new AC unit with the heat pump? We're looking at that same model right now and don't need any surprises!
__________________

__________________
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Yep, New Atwood Air command. It's a great AC except for this leak! It's coming from the corners where it's bolted to the roof. I've tried tightening them but it doesn't help
__________________
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING
 
drivmsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 645
Have you contacted Travis Bird at Forest River?
__________________
Smooth Roads, and, Drive 'em Safe

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Western KY
Posts: 139
sounds like an issue with the seal from unit to roof or from the collar insid to roof....a good inspection of the roof bracing would br wise when it is pulled off....if they didnt pull the ac unit then they wre just trying to patch.
__________________
zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
I've taken my brand new 2016 30DS to two different dealers for repair of my leaky windshield and leaky AC. 3 times in the shop and both still leak!

Has anyone had this many issues with the AC leaking? I've seen a lot of posts about the windshield, it's time for the windshield to be pulled off and reset and sealed. I'm at my wits end, any advice is greatly appreciated.
Our front window had water running on the inside, husband caulked all around outside. This FR3 is not worth a dime.
__________________
Fbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
Have you contacted Travis Bird at Forest River?
I contacted Kevin Stratton, he's the Service Manager for Forest River - FR3 and Georgetown models. He didn't respond to my first voice mail and email, so after a week I called and left more messages. He eventually called me back and he was not empathetic at all, basically sounded like a jaded service manager that tolerates customers. He told me that I could take it to a glass repair company to pull the windshield off but I'd have to pay and get reimbursed after he approved the estimate. As for the AC, I had to drive it 2 hours to the next closest FR3 dealer because the dealer in Austin (Camper Clinic 2) let my coach sit at their shop for 9 days without doing anything to the windshield or AC. They gave it back to me in worse condition, the leaks were worse!

After driving north of San Antonio to get both leaks fixed, I came back with an even worse leak in the AC! I've had a enough. I'm driving 2.5 hrs to the dealer I bought from (Motor Home Specialists) to get this resolved once and for all.

My biggest complaint is the Forest River dealers. If it would have been fixed right the first time I would be happy as a clam. My poor experience with Forest River Service Manager Kevin Stratton did not help.

Who is Travis Bird?
__________________
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #8
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING
 
drivmsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
I contacted Kevin Stratton, he's the Service Manager for Forest River - FR3 and Georgetown models. He didn't respond to my first voice mail and email, so after a week I called and left more messages. He eventually called me back and he was not empathetic at all, basically sounded like a jaded service manager that tolerates customers. He told me that I could take it to a glass repair company to pull the windshield off but I'd have to pay and get reimbursed after he approved the estimate. As for the AC, I had to drive it 2 hours to the next closest FR3 dealer because the dealer in Austin (Camper Clinic 2) let my coach sit at their shop for 9 days without doing anything to the windshield or AC. They gave it back to me in worse condition, the leaks were worse!

After driving north of San Antonio to get both leaks fixed, I came back with an even worse leak in the AC! I've had a enough. I'm driving 2.5 hrs to the dealer I bought from (Motor Home Specialists) to get this resolved once and for all.

My biggest complaint is the Forest River dealers. If it would have been fixed right the first time I would be happy as a clam. My poor experience with Forest River Service Manager Kevin Stratton did not help.

Who is Travis Bird?
Travis Bird is the warranty manager at FR for the FR3's. He's the person you need to contact.

Travis Bird
Elkhart FR3 Warranty
tbird@forestriverinc.com
574-206-7635
Fax: 574-206-2484
__________________
Smooth Roads, and, Drive 'em Safe

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Online_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
I contacted Kevin Stratton, he's the Service Manager for Forest River - FR3 and Georgetown models. He didn't respond to my first voice mail and email, so after a week I called and left more messages. He eventually called me back and he was not empathetic at all, basically sounded like a jaded service manager that tolerates customers. He told me that I could take it to a glass repair company to pull the windshield off but I'd have to pay and get reimbursed after he approved the estimate. As for the AC, I had to drive it 2 hours to the next closest FR3 dealer because the dealer in Austin (Camper Clinic 2) let my coach sit at their shop for 9 days without doing anything to the windshield or AC. They gave it back to me in worse condition, the leaks were worse!



After driving north of San Antonio to get both leaks fixed, I came back with an even worse leak in the AC! I've had a enough. I'm driving 2.5 hrs to the dealer I bought from (Motor Home Specialists) to get this resolved once and for all.



My biggest complaint is the Forest River dealers. If it would have been fixed right the first time I would be happy as a clam. My poor experience with Forest River Service Manager Kevin Stratton did not help.



Who is Travis Bird?

Have said this many times as I keep seeing the leaky windshield issue.....have an Auto glass repair company fix. A well known company are equipped and trained on this fake glass. Dealerships are not. Mine fixed in mins and FR paid the bill. That was over a year ago.....


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Have said this many times as I keep seeing the leaky windshield issue.....have an Auto glass repair company fix. A well known company are equipped and trained on this fake glass. Dealerships are not. Mine fixed in mins and FR paid the bill. That was over a year ago.....


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Travis Bird should be able to help. He had helped us with problems we first had with the FR3. What my husband did helped with the leak. And as far as dealers go, there motto is....you bought it, now it's your problem....LoL, but really not funny
__________________

__________________
Fbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leak

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.