Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #21

I'm part of the go big or go home with the outdoor decorations group. I like to say, only partially joking, that I have so many wind chimes, spinners, string lights, flags, etc. hanging from my awning that if I add one more item, the awning will fall off the side of the TT! I also have at least half a dozen steel cutout lawn decorations that get poked in the ground on my site along with a sign that has my name on it, a garden flag that gets staked out and the flag can be changed for the holiday/season, steel solar powered lilies that illuminate the flag at night and have just last weekend added a free hanging map of the US with the states filled in where I have visited. That's all in addition to the 9x18 patio mat, anti-gravity chair and University of Michigan, Go BLUE!, camp chair. Oh and don't forget the grill and outdoor tables. My friend had an entire family of plastic flamingoes she put outside her coach that totaled 7 flamingoes!! Yep, go big or go home! And most of all, have FUN with it! I love decorating the outside of my TT as much as I do the inside!
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #22

HAHA - now THATS speaking my language! Did I mention we are in Texas? Where everythings big!? actually, given where we will go mostly we will be parked in a rather large parking lot type area, no grass to stake anything into and just for a night or 2. But I did get a palm tree and we are having stands made for our flamingos. Everything should fit in a nice small area. But for the weekends we actually get to a real park ill have a little more freedom to be creative Showed my husband that led set up and he loved it so thinking we will do something like that too - I figure it makes for a cool looking rig when traveling down the road. Im sure we will be fighting over the remote- I know Texas has laws on "underglo" when in motion. Ill have to read up on that!
kerber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:45 AM   #23

@everidge - I love your sign! Did y'all actually find that many plates to cut up? haha or had it made?
kerber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:42 PM   #24

Another option when you don't have grass/dirt to poke pretty/festive things into the ground is to get a decent sized flower pot, put sand in it and poke things into that. We saw it at an RV park last weekend and thought that was pretty clever. This way your decorations are portable but you can still show the rest of the park your spirit, be it for flamingoes, flags, etc. The pot we saw was about knee high and it was brimming with all sorts of steel flowers and other things that meant something to the RV owner. The pot could be picked up and easily stored in a storage hatch under the RV but was not so full with sand that it was going to spill if the road was rough while in transit. Go for it!
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #25

Hey kerber77. Been out of commission for a while! Just seen your post! Got the awning screen at the flea market in Webster Florida! The vendor can make any color and as you can see mine is 2 piece! If I need to take it down in a hurry, I can unhook it in the middle and the first 2 feet will then roll right up in the awning! Right around a hundred bucks! You can also get them In a 1 piece! Just a little more bulky! We just love ours! Happy camping!
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote