Old 07-19-2016, 11:00 AM   #1

Lets see your patio!

(if this should go somewhere else let me know! Newbie!) Ok, so my husband and boys are just bring practical - but I'm thinking fun. If I'm going to be tagging along to the races (so to speak) and sitting out in the Texas heat I want a cool place to do it. ( Im thinking grass rug and flamingos here ) Just curious - when you guys set up - do you jazz up your outdoor space? What are some essential must haves? We did pick up a portable grill and already have chairs and some folding tables. Id love to see what your set up looks like!

Old 07-20-2016, 06:00 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1469012438.865801.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	114716

Old 07-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
Curiouser and Curiouser

Hi Kerber 77! We have just returned from the Hill Country in Texas. We were so impressed with both the warmth of the people we met there and the way the RVers decorated their patio areas - we felt that our more utilitarian look really let down the team! We loved the use of flags that said something about the owners and their interests, neat wooden signs that included the owners' names and a welcome message, were , the the great use of led lights, and (yes) flamingoes! All of this made stopping by on our evening walks to talk with the campers so much more inviting. We, like you, are working on making our patio more inviting for folks to stop by for a chat. So...we don't have pictures yet - but we are working on it!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
Usually Confused Member

I don't usually set up anything special but when I go to the Bristol Nascar race next month I'll get some pix. I've seen patios there with giant recliners, swimming pools and stuff like that.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #5

i just get the eye rolls from the rest of the family - but i figure go big or go home, right?! Thats kinda how it is here in Texas haha - well, not always - we are pretty simple here. We are actually islanders - live out on North Padre - so I really just need a minor excuse to break out the flamingos! The coach will likely spend most of its time at the track with my boys and as such it will be very utilitarian there I'm sure - perhaps i can sneak in some fun touches and maybe attract a few other moms to join me! @wayneandsherry - i know I'm very new here but that the nicest patio I've ever seen! How do you store all that under your coach!!???
Old 07-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #6

Talking

@finch - im glad you enjoyed your time here in our State - i was born in Florida but got here fast as I could and am a Texan by heart through and through! @emm-dee - I'm interested to see the pools!! haha - my guys race autocross at a track in Houston - not NASCAR - but they have fun and now our 14 yr old is building himself a racer - I sometimes just tag along to play the Days of Thunder Theme song in their headset
Old 07-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #7

Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2911.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	114753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3468.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	114754  
Old 07-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #8

What?? Flamingo's in Texas? You need to replace them with Rosette Spoonbills. Just kidding. I don't live on S. Padre, but close enough to get out there for an ocean breeze every once in a while.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #9

P.S. I will take pictures and post them when we take our trip.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
What?? Flamingo's in Texas? You need to replace them with Rosette Spoonbills. Just kidding. I don't live on S. Padre, but close enough to get out there for an ocean breeze every once in a while.
mdstudey - hey if i could find those spoonbills in plastic i would go for it!! they are Texas flamingos after all We are on North Padre - a few hours, well, to the North of South Padre haha - can't tell you how many tourists we've met at the gas station trying to figure out which part of the island they are on - unfortunately from here you can't get South - you have to trek back west and then south then back over to the island - a bit of a surprise when people realize the road ends here and unless you have one heck of a 4 wheel drive and a snorkel - you can't get much further!