Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #1

Leveling

Hi everyone. I have a question on my jacks. I just put them down with the auto leveling. The left middle and right lights are blinking when its done. What does that mean?
ostmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #2

According to the manual - ERROR MODE If any problem is detected with the jacks, the system will enter error mode. Error mode may be recognized by the blinking of LEFT, CENTER LCI and RIGHT LEDs. The following errors are detected by this system: Jack over current/short circuit. Jack under current/ open circuit. Jack extending too long (ground not detected after 2 min.). Jack retracting too long (fully retracted not detected after 2 min.). Out of stroke detection during auto cycle (if enabled). The user must respond by pressing ON/OFF switch, which resets operation. All normal features are disabled in Error mode. If panel loses communication with the controller for more than 5 seconds, the panel will blink the JACKS DOWN, PARK BRAKE and ON/OFF (if included) LEDs
Albert1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

The only thing I would add to the response above is that most folks don't use autolevel as it lifts the coach too high. Just for future reference, here is a link to the operators manual for your system:
https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...d-leveling.pdf
Old 09-05-2015, 09:23 AM   #4

Thank you
ostmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #5

I had a problem, when using auto level, where the coach tried to level and couldn't. I got the error you described, my front jacks were extended and my rear jacks were half way extended. I tried several times with the same results. I never got an indication that there was too much of a slope to level on. After overheating the hydraulic pump and having to reset the breaker (after allowing it to cool) I had my wife try it while I observed what was happening. After the coach used the rear jacks to stabilize the coach, it raised the front to the max extension of the jacks and then tried letting the back by pulling up the rear jacks. When it couldn't, because the wheels were on the ground, it stopped and gave the error.

I manually raised the front wheels off the ground. Added wood blocks under the wheels because you never want to level with your wheels off the ground. Lowered the coach and added wood blocks under the front stabilizers. Re-ran the automatic leveler and leveling was successful with all wheels on the ground and no error.

I hope this helps.
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling