Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #1

Leveling jacks won't retract

trying to leave the campground and jacks won't retract. 2016 FR3, 30DS. the panel beeps when you start the engine, and all the lights flash yellow. the panel is unresponsive.

anyone have any suggestions?

Noticed that the reset button had flipped, so i reset it, several times and did not work. the batteries are testing over 13v so i think power is good.

looks like the back tires may be slightly off the ground.
Urban_FR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #2

Leveling jacks won't retract

If you have already reset the big self popping breaker, there is a manual way to reset them from a video on you tube that involves disconnecting the power plug at the hydro pump and backing out some Allen screws to allow the fluid to return to the reservoir.

Ive also read that disconnecting the control pad plug inside has worked. That's only four Phillips head screws. And easier or to do from inside. As I recall, once you unplug and plug it back it the panel resets.

It's worth a try and way better(and safer) than a saws all!
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #3

Found the link.
http://youtu.be/aT925EGb8pA
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_FR3 View Post
trying to leave the campground and jacks won't retract. 2016 FR3, 30DS. the panel beeps when you start the engine, and all the lights flash yellow. the panel is unresponsive.

Noticed that the reset button had flipped, so i reset it, several times and did not work. the batteries are testing over 13v so i think power is good.

looks like the back tires may be slightly off the ground.
We had the same problem last year with our Georgetown 328TSF.. There's a main fuse/breaker near the batteries that a flag pops out the side when it trips. Reset the flag and we were good to go.

It was our first outing with the new coach and like you, we were concerned..

Good Luck..
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:02 AM   #5

Solution

[QUOTE=Urban_FR3;1167817]trying to leave the campground and jacks won't retract. 2016 FR3, 30DS. the panel beeps when you start the engine, and all the lights flash yellow. the panel is unresponsive.

Solution: Hold down all four directional buttons on the jack panel at the same time. This reset the panel and i could then turn the system On and retract jacks.

Thanks to all who responded, I will keep those in my bag of tricks for next time.
Urban_FR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #6

Thanks for closing out the thread, solutions are always appreciated.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #7

I hope that is all that you experience with the jacks. we had the same thing happen months ago, had to call someone out to retract the jacks and ultimately had a circuit board changed out and hydraulic tank shavings removed from one of the valves.
LDStaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #8

What system were you using?
joel ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #9

Smile WHEW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsx2 View Post
we had the same problem last year with our georgetown 328tsf.. There's a main fuse/breaker near the batteries that a flag pops out the side when it trips. Reset the flag and we were good to go.

It was our first outing with the new coach and like you, we were concerned..

Good luck..
thank you thank you! My first time and i thought i broke something! All good to go
dr_e_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #10

LCI Leveling Jacks

Georgetown 364TS---
Hey all. I had a jack issue, and took my unit in to get a checkup. I was told that I had a "crimped wire" in the wiring harness for the jack system. If you are having jack issues, this might be one of the problems. Hopefully, he fix worked and we won't have any additional issues. Also, if your operators panel ever flashes the lights on the left side, you can reset the system by pushing all 4 directional arrows and holding until lights on left side go out. Have a great week everyone.
The Dog Haus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling