Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #1

Lippert power unit reservoir - 2016 FR3 32DS

I have been having bad popping/sticking on the Lippert leveling jacks. I wanted to follow some documentation I found online which directs me to add a quart of anti-stiction fluid to the power unit reservoir. I cannot seem to find the location for this reservoir. Have any of you done this already? If so, can you direct me to where it's located?
Thanks
mjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #2

On my 30 DS, it's located on the driver side of the coach behind the 2nd storage door back from the front.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1485294086.532505.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	128573
I'm pointing at the tank in the picture. By the way, the anti-stiction fluid does the trick. Be sure to follow the instructions exactly. It eliminated all problems for me.
Happy trails!
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #3

You're the best leisurelarry. Thank you!
mjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjessie View Post
I have been having bad popping/sticking on the Lippert leveling jacks. I wanted to follow some documentation I found online which directs me to add a quart of anti-stiction fluid to the power unit reservoir. I cannot seem to find the location for this reservoir. Have any of you done this already? If so, can you direct me to where it's located?
Thanks
Just a reminder...remove a quart before adding a quart or you're going to have a big mess
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjessie View Post
You're the best leisurelarry. Thank you!

Your welcome.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #6

I had the same problem on my 2016 Georgetown 328 and I ended up using 2 Quarts of Fork Oil to make it stop. The Reservoir in under the Black Cover back of the LP Tank on my Georgetown. You have to remove the two Wing Nuts, one on each side to slide it up and off.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #7

Looking to buy a Forrest River FR3 30DS. Not reading great reviews about Forrest River. Thoughts or any thing on the 30ds model?
coltjp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #8

Leisurelarry got any thoughts for me?
coltjp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltjp44 View Post
Leisurelarry got any thoughts for me?

Coltjp44,
I love my 2015 30DS. It sits on top of a 2014 F53 chassis with a 5 speed transmission. The only problem I've had with the chassis was a blown rear hub seal early on. I find the engine more than adequate to tow my 6 speed manual transmission Toyota Corolla behind me where ever I go. I make a lot of trips over the I-5 grapevine and it does fine. I run my generator while driving quite frequently for roof top A/C use, microwave and TV for my kids and grandkids. I average 7.5 mpg. As for the coach, I've had several issues common to many FR3 owners as well as other competing models and brands. Most problems were just due to poor workmanship at the factory. I've had no problems with anything electrical or mechanical other than the slide outs. All of my warranty items were taken care of by selling dealer and ForestRiver. It took a lot of time and patience, but it paid off. ForestRiver covered items even after my warranty was expired. I had the front end aligned, added a Roadmaster Steering Stabizer, changed the front tires to Michelin RV tires, Koni FSD shocks all around and did the CHF. Each one those individually improved the drivability of the coach tremendously.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #10

We have the 2015 30ds size wise storage wise and layout is perfect . However . Very shotty work. We have decided to suck it up and over look the shotty stuff... because the idea of it and it's functionality is perfect.. we have been shopping for other s and we keep coming back to ours
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #11
edm

Quote:
Looking to buy a Forrest River FR3 30DS. Not reading great reviews about Forrest River. Thoughts or any thing on the 30ds model?
Don't be discouraged by all of the posts. Look at them as good info on what to look for and how to get it right. We have a 2016 fr3 30ds on a 2015 f53 chassis. We have 21000 miles on it now and it works great. There were a number of problems with the unit but all were taken care of under warranty. Fr has been great about getting things repaired. Our dealer worked very well with us and did not keep the unit any longer than they had to.
The factory reps will help you in any way they can. I have spoken with them on many occasions and they were always willing to help if they could. The floor plan works very well for us.
By the way most of the things we had problems with were because of the products that were used. It wasn't because of the way they were installed it was the product it's self.

Hope this will help. Happy camping.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #12

Quote:
It's a love hate relationship with mine right now. There's been no big issues, all fixable but it took a whole year to straighten it all out and I'm not sure its done... Personally my next RV will not be FR.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #13

My next one won't be FR
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power