Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #1

Location of Fresh Water Tank External Drain

I've been looking under the rig for the drain to drain the fresh water tank. I'm not sure I even know where the tank is and what I'm looking for.

Help?
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #2

On the passenger side of the coach, 3rd door back look for a "low point drain" decal. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441668840.991884.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	88067 look under the coach at that point and you will the termination of 3 water lines, 2 with caps on them. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441668957.927460.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	88068 the one I'm pointing at with the black tape wrapped around it is the fresh water tank drain. The large clear one is the overflow from the dress water tank. The other capped line can drain all of of your fresh water line.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #3

Forgive Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
On the passenger side of the coach, 3rd door back look for a "low point drain" decal. Attachment 88067 look under the coach at that point and you will the termination of 3 water lines, 2 with caps on them. Attachment 88068 the one I'm pointing at with the black tape wrapped around it is the fresh water tank drain. The large clear one is the overflow from the dress water tank. The other capped line can drain all of of your fresh water line.
You said you were pointing to the black taped one, but in the image, it looks like one of the others with a cap. On my rig, the black taped one is oozing a bit of water. Is that normal?

Which of the other two will drain the tank or do I somehow unwrap the black one? Apologies for being so dense. PS tomorrow is "Go Day" and I'm freaking out.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #4

Sorry for the confusion, the one I'm pointing at, blue line with a white cap on it and also has black tape wrapped around it about about 3" up the line is the fresh water tank drain. The largest line, clear with black tape wrapped around the end is the freshwater overflow. If that is the line with the drip, no it shouldn't be leaking unless your fresh water tank is overfilled.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, drain, fresh water, location, tank, water, water tank