Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Locking gas cap

I'm wondering if any FR3 owners have put a locking gas cap on their mh. I know they're available but, I also know that if you don't put the right one on, problems can arise. My question is; if any FR3 owner has put one on, can you let us know the make and part # of the one installed.
Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
I'm wondering if any FR3 owners have put a locking gas cap on their mh. I know they're available but, I also know that if you don't put the right one on, problems can arise. My question is; if any FR3 owner has put one on, can you let us know the make and part # of the one installed.
Much appreciated!

Don't know the part number but I went to Canadian Tire and looked up which cap would fit and found a catalog near the selections. Turned out, it's the same cap for the Ford Heavy Duty Van with a V10 that fit. I am sure you will find a ref catalog to help you with your selection at any auto parts store.

Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
Motoring

Locking gas cap

[url=http://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/strippedchassis/trim/f53classamotorhome/]2014 Ford Stripped Chassis F-53 Class A Motorhome | See All The Stripped Chassis F-53 Class A Motorhome Highlights | Ford.com

You need a gas cap for ford f-53. I have one and no issues. Auto parts store can look it up for you

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas