Old 02-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #21

Smile FR3 Road Wondering

I've owned 6 Class As and found it to be a common problem. I was able to correct it 3 units ago by having my Ford dealer tighten the suspension one notch. My FR3 drives great and when 18 wheelers drive by I get a little bump that's all. Even crosswind sway has been greatly reduced too.

Your dealership is crucial and they are not all the same. I've dealt with several and never had a personal problem or complaint but I've been with others who have. The only problem I ever had was when I was traveling away from my home area and needed emergency repairs - even though it was warranty I went to the bottom of the list for service sine I was not their customer. I found the same issue with a car when traveling so be prepared. I have found the with an Extended Service Plan this was not the case. Might be worth investigating.

Enjoy each day!

Old 02-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #22

It's not much more to go to a Georgetown...they seem to have more discount percentage on those than the FR3. It kind of pushes you up for a little bit of money into a lot of additional features.

I considered the FR3 32DS but did notice some difference in perceived build quality and features between the GT. In the end I got a loaded up 364ts for about 12k more than lowest quote on a 32DS which to me was worth it.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:48 PM   #23

Lots of problems with the FR3 line if you ask me.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:23 PM   #24

Mr Tribble

What does tightening the suspension do for the unit? Are you knocking the unit out of alignment?

Does doing this effect tire wear as well?

TX
Old 03-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #25

Its a must have sway bar front rear adjusted , you can do it your self or have dealer do it . Read other post else where , make the driving 100% better and cost nothing. You do not need alignment at all!
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #26

Yeah, search the forum for CHF (Cheap Handling Fix). If you just got your new unit and have not done an alignment, I recommend doing one though. They don't align these units after setting the box on the frame which will chew up your tires. And they aren't cheap!
Old 04-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #27
Rickydeee

Finally decided to pull the trigger and put a deposit on a new 2016 FR3 30DS. Will pick-up within the next week. I can't thank the Forum members enough for all of the good advice on purchasing, maintaining, and servicing Forest River products. The information gained from this group has helped immensely. Now the journey begins...
Old 04-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #28

Congrats! Make sure it's the 6 spd trans.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #29
Rickydeee

Took delivery of our new FR3 30DS, and we couldn't be more satisfied. Still on our first 3-day outing (near the dealer) to check things out, and happy to report absolutely no issues of any kind. Build quality, fit & finish are excellent, dealer experience was OK. I know it's early, but our purchase seems to be a success thanks to the Forum.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #30

Congrats rickydeee. Just be sure to get an alignment before too long to make sure you don't chew up those new tires. I've heard FR actually paying for it, but for $100, its a no brainer to save $1000 worth of tires. And expect the faucets to clog a couple times the first year. Clean the screens is easy enough. Happy adventures!