We bought our 32ds 6 months ago (traded in our travel trailer for this). We have been looking for 2 years to find the right rv for our needs (We are 6 people).
What our requirements were:
1. UNDER 35 foot (we want to be accessible to most campgrounds)
2. Bunk Beds
3. Big Fridge (we are 6)
4. Clothes washer <- Which was more of an option but it is tough to do this with our needs. We just pickes up a portable which we will bring with us. Look for Haier portable washing machines if interested and or needed.
5. Can tow our car
6. Affordable. The price of the FR3 will not depreciate as badly as a more expensive motor home. Spend 200k it is worth 160k 30 days later. With the FR3 how far can it fall, it is still an rv with all the amenities. I just do not think you will loose allot when selling it.
We had been to a TON of BIG RV shows looking for the right RV. We found this one at a SMALL show at a mall and bought it the next day. It was a glove that fit just right.
Why we purchased.
1. Price (Like someone else stated, class A at class C price)
Huge fridge, entertainment setup + much more see the end of my rant
3. Sleeping Arrangment (bunks, bunk over driver, pullout couch)
4. GREAT FAMILY RV! (Not great storage, but necessity is the mother of invention) Since it is a DIYer rv (see below) there is SO MUCH you can do with it.
5. When I first walked in, I could see endless possibilities. I think that is great. They give you a great base which is fine as is, or, leave you with so much room to improve it.
The 2016 32ds is not high end as far as interior looks go, but I think it is a travelers RV / nature lovers RV. It is not for full time RVing in my opinion.
What I think is great about it, I feel like it is a DIYer RV. Because, to keep the prices down, they focused on great amenities and skimped on appearence (for the price I give it 5 stars to be honest). Maybe skimped is unfair, they just focused on the more important things that someone like myself needed. It is really a market specific RV. (Weekend / summer / nature travelers - the darker colors are far more forgiving)
I am never to afraid to break anything, because much of the coach is very accessible.
Lastly, knock on wood, we have had no problems besides learning curves. What blows fuses and why, modifications to our needs. If you get the overhead bed BUILD SUPPORTS THE MAGNETS DO NOT WORK.
When you hit a bump and that thing slams down above you, you will be wishing you had a washing machine to clean your shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly, I would recommend this RV all day long to:
1. People who value a dollar
2. People who use the RV for weekends, week, summer trips
What do you get for an economical RV such as mine (90K after discounds incentives)
1. Ford V10
2. 26K GCWR & 5K Towing
3. Outdoor TV + 3 interioir TV in master bed, bunk bed rood and living. (We barely watch but appreciate it when its raining - or college football on)
4. HUGE Fridge (in our model - it is an option, you loose shelving for the bigger fridge)
5. 2 Slidouts in master and living. (Living room is spacious when it slides out)
6. Kind Bed in Master
7. Bunk Beds
8. Auto Leveling Jacks
9. A small shower & bathroom!
(Why I think it is not a full timers RV)
10. Backup camera with Sirius XM radio, optional navigation, and DVD entertainment.. ALMOST forgot, side camers when you turn on your blinkers - which is nice feature. I like to turn on the hazards, the side cameras do not know what to do - but hey it is the simple things in life.
11. Decent storage, for 2 people there is plenty of storage for the 6 of us, it takes creativity and RESTRAINT.
12. THE size under 35 foot get us into just about ANY campgroud & rv park. Under 35 foot was a requirement for us.
Only negatives (I mean this to people who are expecting a 200k rv for 100k)
1. Small bathroom
2. NOT 200k interior
3. No vent fans in any of the hoods (but that is easily remedied, the wiring is there for you to change. We purchased universal fan from camping world for $70 and installed in 10 minutes, you do not have to remove the hood out side to install it, no seals broken and it works fine for our needs at least.)