Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #41

We bought our 32ds 6 months ago (traded in our travel trailer for this). We have been looking for 2 years to find the right rv for our needs (We are 6 people).

What our requirements were:
1. UNDER 35 foot (we want to be accessible to most campgrounds)
2. Bunk Beds
3. Big Fridge (we are 6)
4. Clothes washer <- Which was more of an option but it is tough to do this with our needs. We just pickes up a portable which we will bring with us. Look for Haier portable washing machines if interested and or needed.
5. Can tow our car
6. Affordable. The price of the FR3 will not depreciate as badly as a more expensive motor home. Spend 200k it is worth 160k 30 days later. With the FR3 how far can it fall, it is still an rv with all the amenities. I just do not think you will loose allot when selling it.

We had been to a TON of BIG RV shows looking for the right RV. We found this one at a SMALL show at a mall and bought it the next day. It was a glove that fit just right.

Why we purchased.
1. Price (Like someone else stated, class A at class C price)
2. Amenities: Huge fridge, entertainment setup + much more see the end of my rant
3. Sleeping Arrangment (bunks, bunk over driver, pullout couch)
4. GREAT FAMILY RV! (Not great storage, but necessity is the mother of invention) Since it is a DIYer rv (see below) there is SO MUCH you can do with it.
5. When I first walked in, I could see endless possibilities. I think that is great. They give you a great base which is fine as is, or, leave you with so much room to improve it.

The 2016 32ds is not high end as far as interior looks go, but I think it is a travelers RV / nature lovers RV. It is not for full time RVing in my opinion.

What I think is great about it, I feel like it is a DIYer RV. Because, to keep the prices down, they focused on great amenities and skimped on appearence (for the price I give it 5 stars to be honest). Maybe skimped is unfair, they just focused on the more important things that someone like myself needed. It is really a market specific RV. (Weekend / summer / nature travelers - the darker colors are far more forgiving)

I am never to afraid to break anything, because much of the coach is very accessible.

Lastly, knock on wood, we have had no problems besides learning curves. What blows fuses and why, modifications to our needs. If you get the overhead bed BUILD SUPPORTS THE MAGNETS DO NOT WORK.

When you hit a bump and that thing slams down above you, you will be wishing you had a washing machine to clean your shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, I would recommend this RV all day long to:
1. People who value a dollar
2. People who use the RV for weekends, week, summer trips

What do you get for an economical RV such as mine (90K after discounds incentives)

1. Ford V10
2. 26K GCWR & 5K Towing
3. Outdoor TV + 3 interioir TV in master bed, bunk bed rood and living. (We barely watch but appreciate it when its raining - or college football on)
4. HUGE Fridge (in our model - it is an option, you loose shelving for the bigger fridge)
5. 2 Slidouts in master and living. (Living room is spacious when it slides out)
6. Kind Bed in Master
7. Bunk Beds
8. Auto Leveling Jacks
9. A small shower & bathroom! (Why I think it is not a full timers RV)
10. Backup camera with Sirius XM radio, optional navigation, and DVD entertainment.. ALMOST forgot, side camers when you turn on your blinkers - which is nice feature. I like to turn on the hazards, the side cameras do not know what to do - but hey it is the simple things in life.
11. Decent storage, for 2 people there is plenty of storage for the 6 of us, it takes creativity and RESTRAINT.
12. THE size under 35 foot get us into just about ANY campgroud & rv park. Under 35 foot was a requirement for us.

Only negatives (I mean this to people who are expecting a 200k rv for 100k)
1. Small bathroom
2. NOT 200k interior
3. No vent fans in any of the hoods (but that is easily remedied, the wiring is there for you to change. We purchased universal fan from camping world for $70 and installed in 10 minutes, you do not have to remove the hood out side to install it, no seals broken and it works fine for our needs at least.)
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #42

Quote:
If you get the overhead bed BUILD SUPPORTS THE MAGNETS DO NOT WORK.

When you hit a bump and that thing slams down above you, you will be wishing you had a washing machine to clean your shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See if they over tightened the magnets, they need to be wobbly to work. Mine have never come down in 7000 miles.
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #43

Regarding the front bed, mine had fallen 10 times driving home 25 miles from the dealer (rough New England roads). When I called it "an insufficient design", the solution from dealer and FR was a second set of magnets. No more falling and covered under warranty. We'd also built the pogo sticks to hold up the bed but no longer use them. One of 19 warranty items on my new coach. It is still in the body shop after 9 weeks to repair faulty fiberglass on the curbside, another of the 19.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:36 PM   #44

9 weeks? Geez. You should demand a warranty extension equal to the total time in the shop. I'd be furious. .
Old 04-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAK View Post
See if they over tightened the magnets, they need to be wobbly to work. Mine have never come down in 7000 miles.
I will never trust the magents... To many times has that bed come crashing down on me. I built the pogo sticks, Works, fine and I trust it.,
Old 04-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadiddle View Post
Regarding the front bed, mine had fallen 10 times driving home 25 miles from the dealer (rough New England roads). When I called it "an insufficient design", the solution from dealer and FR was a second set of magnets. No more falling and covered under warranty. We'd also built the pogo sticks to hold up the bed but no longer use them. One of 19 warranty items on my new coach. It is still in the body shop after 9 weeks to repair faulty fiberglass on the curbside, another of the 19.
I am sorry to hear that, our coach has treated us well. Could be the mood of the builders at the moment. Who knows. But that blows you have spent that much time in repair.

Have you called forest river?
Old 05-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #47

Not one to hijack threads but wish to answer the questions to me. I should start my own thread with the 19 problems I've had with my 2015 FR3 30DS but won't until FR has addressed them all. While extremely slow at helping, they have been helping.

I wish rickydeee and everyone else with new FR3s the best of luck.

Yes, I'm furious at the number of problems both in quality and design. At the same time, the coach is the right size for us. Usually most problems are in the youngest and oldest days in a system - the time in between is usually pretty good. Hoping to soon be done and get on camping. I have talked to FR (T-bird) but have mostly used the dealer as a liaison. Absolutely will be having a conversation with FR after the repairs about warranty extension on their nickel.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:14 PM   #48

selling 30ds fr3

We have a fr3 30ds 2015. We have only used it twice and now we have medical problems and it looks as though we will not be able to it use again. It has 2,000 miles on it. I have added over $7,000 in extras. I want to sell ASAP. The retail was $97,000 however, I would like to sell for $85,000 or best offer. Feel free to contact me at my e-mail. 3_wood@msn.com. I will give more info at that time.
progolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #49

2015 FR3 for sale

We have to sell our motorhome because of medical problems. It has been used twice and has 2000 miles on it. I have added $7500 of extras and will discuss with anyone if interested. The retail was $97,800 and we will sell for $82,000 or best offer. contact me at 3_wood@msn.com.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by progolfer View Post
We have to sell our motorhome because of medical problems. It has been used twice and has 2000 miles on it. I have added $7500 of extras and will discuss with anyone if interested. The retail was $97,800 and we will sell for $82,000 or best offer. contact me at 3_wood@msn.com.
Put it on Craigslist or add a post within this forum:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f101/
Good luck and sorry to hear about the medical problems.
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #51

FR3 for sale

I have a 2015 FR3 for sale if interested please get in touch at 3_wood@msn.com. It has 2000 miles and we have to sell because of medical problems. I will discuss if you contact by e-mail.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #52
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by progolfer View Post
I have a 2015 FR3 for sale if interested please get in touch at 3_wood@msn.com. It has 2000 miles and we have to sell because of medical problems. I will discuss if you contact by e-mail.
I think what Kansas was referring to is the "classified" section area of FR forums. You'll see a button at the top of the page to list anything you have for sale for "all" who read this forum will be able to see your ad.
Good luck. Sorry to hear about the health issues.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote