Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #1

Loose slide cables on FR3 25DS

Not sure if I have a problem with my slide cables or not so thought I would get some advise from the experts. Short story about my past slide problems when I bought the thing new last year. Have had the bed slide motor and gear housing replaced 3 times, and the main slide motor and gear housing replaced 2 times, so I am a little gun shy with these slides. Now the problem, when I have the slides in I notice the cables both top and bottom are real loose, bottom more so than the top. When the slides are out, the bottom cables are loose and the top seems to be tight. Slides seem to be working fine going in and out and lock into place right now. Is this normal or should I be contacting my dealer once again for repairs? Or, is this something that I can fix myself quickly? As always thank you for your help.
Mr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #2

According to Accu Slide directly from their service manual, a loose cable-sagging or hanging more than 1" is a problem with 5 possible solutions. I just had my dealer tighten 3 of the 4 cables on my bedroom slide on my 30DS. They had previously relaxed the motor and gearbox. The manual can be found on their website.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #3

Should say replaced the motor and gearbox.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #4

Had both my gear boxes replaced by factory repair and they say no more than 1/2" deflection up or down on cables. They are easy to tighten up.
Brewster McFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:03 PM   #5

Thanks for your help. Called dealer, taking it in Tuesday, he said they would fix it while I wait.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #6

The cables on my wardrobe slide were loose from the factory, and retainers hadn't been installed on the outside ends where the cables attach to the slide. Two of the cables disconnected so when we attempted to open the slide, only one end moved. The drive chain also came off the sprocket. Since we were 87 miles from the nearest service technician (according to Coach Net), I spent the evening standing on the bed learning how to put it back together. I've suggested to folks that if they don't have at least a little handy-man skill, don't get an RV.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #7

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the RV. How true a statement it is, you need some repair skills to own one of these. But what the heck, when you are retired it gives you something to occupy your time.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #8

Are the cables supposed to be tight while the slide is in or out? With the slide out mine are tight, while in the slide is in the bottom cables are loose. I looked at the manual and it didn't say. Any help would be appreciated.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:47 PM   #9

It is my understanding they all should be tight in or out. Not positive but should only have 1/2" deflection in either direction (up or Down).
Old 08-17-2015, 11:00 PM   #10

Accu-slide website says they are not suppose to be tight check that out
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #11

Problem was fixed by dealer. Cables were out of tol. and needed adjusted. Just a note, warranty is only a year from purchase, after that the dealer said it would cost around $1000 to have them adjusted. Purchasing the extended warrant does not cover this problem.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #12

A thousand dollars to turn a couple of nuts? I don't think I would go back there.. I opened the cover over the pop out (5 screws) and the cable adjusters are all marked as to where they go.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #13

I agree with you. I find it disheartening that a dealer would charge someone that much for no more then is required to adjust the cables. I just finished watching the video of how to replace and adjust the cables. A piece of of cake to make the adjustments or cable replacements. thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.

Tags
25ds, slide