Old 12-30-2014, 03:44 AM   #31
Originally Posted by BarbaraG View Post
Youroo, Don't worry... I hate being cold...

Okay, I got my propane refilled today. In 14 days I used 15.6 gallons. At $4.2 a gallon, plus tax, that makes $5 a day... Hmmm... kind of expensive. I've moved to lowering my thermostat at night and heating with my electric heater in the evening before bed. I don't like to use the electric heater at night because it only heats the bedroom, and I threw a breaker when I tried to plug in two. Let's see what the next two weeks brings with my new plan.

Barbara, what you can do is plug in an extension cord to your 20 amp plug in at the pedestal. I bring the other end into the trailer at the bottom of the slide sweep on the side bottom corner. Then plug in your second heater so it won't be running off your breaker panel. I have seen people add a plug end in the wall and plug into that also, but bringing in an extension cord at the bottom of the sweep worked for me. As much as I need it. That gives me 3 heaters with the fireplace as one, and I don't trip my 30 amp at the panel or pedestal. I use two ceramic 1500 watt heaters. You should stay toasty warm. Plug one into your RV outlet and the other to the extension cord. Hope that helps...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #32
Old Enough to Know Better
Technorick that shut off is usually connected to your gas detector. The thought is if the detector trips it shuts off the supply. They can sometimes be a nuisance. Its warm because it has power (12v) to it 24/7. it is a normally closed valve meaning as long as there is power its open, no power and it will spring closed. Hope this helps

Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? 2015 F350 6.2L CCLB DRW 4.30 axle. 2012 Yellowstone Ridgeline 34RLT Fifth Wheel
gasman6674 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #33
Seems like an easy point of failure . especially if not plugged in to shore I suppose it would eventually drain the coach batteries if the coach mains were not turned off.

I'm going to find the fuse for that. I think it may be better while in storage for the winter that it's off. Runs really hot for a part that's located on the LP tank! I'll tape the fuse to the steering wheel to remind me it's out.

I could shut off the coach batteries but want the charger to keep them energized. It's 22 degrees here now.

My TT had a dumb LP sensor with a battery in it. No fancy electric shut off. Interesting to know.

Technorick is online now   Reply With Quote