Old 08-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #1
Maiden Voyage

We finally got a chance to take our new FR3 out for a test run! We took a two hour ride up the coast past Santa Barbara and met my sister and brother-in-law at an RV park in Buellton. Our 4 granddaughters are visiting from Washington for the summer and have been excited about taking the motorhome and going camping! They had a blast helping grandma shop and stock it with all the goodies one needs. We all had a great time visiting Solvang, the missions and of course swimming and a campfire with smores. We only had one major issue pop up, the steps started acting up the day we left home and it appears that there is a bad sensor switch that activates the opening and closing. I almost took a fall when it started to close when I was halfway down the steps. And then it gave us some problems when we were getting ready to pull out to head home today. the only other problem we encountered was the screw backed out of the magnet holding the front bed up, I fixed that when we got there and hoped that would be the end of it... but the magnets are not strong enough to hold the bed up and it dropped when we hit the first bump in the road! The screw held this time however! I'll add both of those items to the half dozen things that need fixing that we discovered on our walkthrough when we picked it up.
Overall a great trip and we are happy with our FR3 30DS. We are looking forward to the girls going home soon and taking some trips, just the two of us!!!
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote