Old 08-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #11
I recently installed 2 fantastic-vents on my Rockwood. The hardest part of the job is removing the old vent and all (I mean every last trace) of the @#$#$%% sealant from the roof. The new sealant must have a clean surface to bond to. I spent about 90 minutes just cleaning each one of the vent openings. The rest of the install was easy with the only hiccup being the inside trim ring which was too tall. I measured carefully and cut about half an inch off the top of the trim piece - problem solved.

2015 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 WS. Rear LR, large street side slide with small wardrobe slide in BR.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Laramie Quad Cab.
wbdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #12
You can do it!! :-)

Like wbdavey said, the most PIA part is scraping up the old sealant. I used a plastic scraper and took my time. It took me a good part of the day to get my three vents completed. After this pic, I went ahead and put a good bead around all the seams for good measures. Like you, I'm a bit nervous with any roof activity for fear of leaks.

KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
Just had a quote to install one at a dealer in Oregon and the installed price was 310.00 per fan.
2016 FR3 30DS and a
97 Jeep Wrangler that follows me to close
Cigarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #14
What I would do is buy the best fan with thermostat and remote control and put a good (maybe a MaxxAir FanMate) on top and still save over a $1.000, it is so easy almost anybody can do it.
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn
2014 Trilogy 3650RL, W/D, Onan 5500, 8000# Axles, IS, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #15
To circle back around:

I ended up heeding your (collective) advice, and installing them myself. I managed to dork my back up while leaning over to get all the old sealant out, but it was truly very simple. I'd recommend it to essentially anyone - just be careful of your back!
SEGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #16
Commercial Member
Since the 2015 models came out all of the Four potential cutout locations in the roof have been prewired for the installation of Vent fans. I would not know if that price is high or not, i would just ask them what the quote includes.
FR3Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:20 PM   #17
I installed two Heng fans on my 2016 FR3 30DS, it was quick and easy and didn't require working on the roof. I was concerned about voiding the dealer warranty if any leaks occurred. The first fan install took about 45 minutes the second about 20 minutes and all done from inside the coach.

jimcarterhb1951 is offline   Reply With Quote