Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #1

Maxxgard warranty

Hi folks,

Couldn’t find my original post, so starting a new one. I made a claim with Maxxgard for my exterior paint on my 2015 FR3 30DS because despite my best efforts to keep it clean and Maxxgard’s “protection”, it was still oxidizing. The only portion that was not was the front cap which had to be repainted within the first year while still under FR warranty.

Getting Maxxgard to pay was a bit of a battle. I took it to the dealer for photos and an estimate. Their estimate was $3500 to repaint rear cap, heavy clean/wax the sides, and replace rear decals plus 4 decals along the sides that had water spots, which Maxxgard is supposed to prevent, and reapply Maxxgard. Maxxgard’s rep couldn’t see the damage in the photos so they sent an independent appraiser to my house. He found even more oxidation near my headlights and pretty much said Maxxgard’s claims of full protrection from oxidation was a load of crap.

Anyway, Maxxgard then told me they were accepting the claim and proceeded to send my dealer a check for $350. Lol. My dealer rep said “well I don’t know what the hell they want me to do for that.” After an email exchange, one more properly worded email later, Maxxgard sent a check for $3,000 which I learned was the “aggregate limit of the exterior policy”. I work in the insurance industry and admit I never read the policy, just what the protection Maxxgard coating itself was supposed to protrect, so shame on me.

Bottom line, they kept their promise, paid the policy limit, and rig is being taken care of. So I paid $800 for $3000 worth of protection, $2200 net gain, I’ll take it. Just beware of the limit and do not take no for an answer.

Happy trails!

Antone
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:58 AM   #2

[ATTACH]

You be the judge. MaxxGard on your right, Meguiar’s 50 RV/Marine Cleaner Wax on your left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6578.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	169307  
Old 04-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Same with an RV extended warranty...

And don't just trust the fact that your dealership is selling it to you!

I got screwed by the extended warranty on my previous TT and will never buy another one!

Shame on me for believing the dealership...

ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #4

I think I’m just going to get the entire coach painted, now that I’m looking at this thread....
alexchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchuang View Post
I think I’m just going to get the entire coach painted, now that I’m looking at this thread....

Not a bad idea. After all is said and done, I’ll be covering mine. Front cap has been repainted, rear cap has been repainted, pending heavy clean/wax to both sides by the dealer, then it will be covered when not in use. MaxxGard is a crock, but at least they stood behind their word, I’ll give them that. Probably works great on a garaged car or motorhome.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 AM   #6

Maxxgard

I was declined coverage by Maxxgard because I had waited over 60 days to file a claim after I noticed some oxidation. I stated in my claim that I noticed some oxidation on the passenger side of cap on my FR3 DS28 in November. I had a professional detailer come out and look at it. He said he would keep an eye on it after he waxed and treated the cap. In April I had the detailer come back and he said the oxidation was getting worse and the wax and treatment is not working. I filed a claim and I said just what I wrote above. Big Mistake ! I was told since it was over 60 days since I first noticed oxidation and I did not file a claim within those 60 days my warranty is invalid. That is what I get for being honest and not reading the fine print.
FR3 Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3 Don View Post
I was declined coverage by Maxxgard because I had waited over 60 days to file a claim after I noticed some oxidation. I stated in my claim that I noticed some oxidation on the passenger side of cap on my FR3 DS28 in November. I had a professional detailer come out and look at it. He said he would keep an eye on it after he waxed and treated the cap. In April I had the detailer come back and he said the oxidation was getting worse and the wax and treatment is not working. I filed a claim and I said just what I wrote above. Big Mistake ! I was told since it was over 60 days since I first noticed oxidation and I did not file a claim within those 60 days my warranty is invalid. That is what I get for being honest and not reading the fine print.

Bummer! I made my claim within 2 weeks of noticing after a wash. It was light, but I paid for it not to happen. If anyone is reading this, please read before you buy. In hindsight, I think a cover or indoor storage and a good annual wax or two is the better route. It might cost a few more bucks in the end, but you’ll avoid a headache. Again, the independent appraiser they sent out had over 200 RV and big rig inspections under his belt. He said nothing is going to do what MaxxGard alleges their product will.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #8

I got sucked into it also and not so sure it does work much better than just wax.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkaty View Post
I got sucked into it also and not so sure it does work much better than just wax.

I just paid $680 to have oxidation removed from both sides and the front, below the windshield, then a wax and polish to the whole coach as well as detail. Took the guy two days. I contemplated doing it myself, but it woulda taken me two weeks. He said he’s never seen a coach where any of these products perform as advertised. Best bet is annual to bi-annual waxing (there is no off-season in Southern California) and regular washing. I have now also invested in a cover from Empire Covers. Same material as covers twice the price. I still got my monies worth out of MaxxGard, but I would have much rather had it perform as advertised. It just created headaches in the end.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
I just paid $680 to have oxidation removed from both sides and the front, below the windshield, then a wax and polish to the whole coach as well as detail. Took the guy two days. I contemplated doing it myself, but it woulda taken me two weeks. He said he’s never seen a coach where any of these products perform as advertised. Best bet is annual to bi-annual waxing (there is no off-season in Southern California) and regular washing. I have now also invested in a cover from Empire Covers. Same material as covers twice the price. I still got my monies worth out of MaxxGard, but I would have much rather had it perform as advertised. It just created headaches in the end.
I have a spot on the back of the RV, it is covered most of the time. I will be taking it out in OCT and will try to get it off. If I can't I will make a claim.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:26 PM   #11

Quote:

Hey Antone
We live pretty close to one another. Did you use someone local to do your de-ox? My coach, 2015 30DS is badly in need of one. Were you happy with the result?
Thanks
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
Hey Antone
We live pretty close to one another. Did you use someone local to do your de-ox? My coach, 2015 30DS is badly in need of one. Were you happy with the result?
Thanks
I live not so far away from you also. I did look up a place and they quoted me wash: $2 a foot, wax: hand: $10, machine: $20 a foot.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkaty View Post
I live not so far away from you also. I did look up a place and they quoted me wash: $2 a foot, wax: hand: $10, machine: $20 a foot.

That seems pricey. Wash/wax detail should be $300, $10/foot max total. Roof, wheels, outside storage jambs and inside doors. Legit. Try Pinnancle Auto Care or Wise Guys. Both know what they’re doing with gel coats.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:29 PM   #14

Maxxgard warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
Hey Antone
Thanks

See above [emoji16] The de-ox is where the cost bumps up. I used Pinnacle due to availability, but Wise Guys will probably be my go to for maintaining the wax now. Great result. It might be shinier than when we took delivery.

https://www.wiseguysdetailing.com/

https://pinnacleautocare.com/
Old 08-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #15

Quote:
See above [emoji16] The de-ox is where the cost bumps up. I used Pinnacle due to availability, but Wise Guys will probably be my go to for maintaining the wax now. Great result. It might be shinier than when we took delivery.

https://www.wiseguysdetailing.com/

https://pinnacleautocare.com/

Thanks very much!
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty