Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #1

Meds OTR

Hello All, question on prescriptions for controlled drugs (vicodin, percoset) while OTR. I am retired Military, been taking for 15 years (back pain), they don't affect me like you may think, I don't drive if pain bad, I have discussed w/Safety Officer before, the told me, OK as long as follow RX rules.

Question is, how do you handle blue scripts while OTR, so far Pharmacies are telling me they only honor in State MD's, even Military will not honor out of State RX.
US Army 22 years
Days Camped
2015 - 50+ days
bigduke1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #2

My doctor prescribes 3 months at a time, but I am aware this is usually controlled by the insurance company. Can you get your by mail? My DW has to see the doctor every months to get her pain meds so we have to plan our trips accordingly, this is due to laws controlling pain meds.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #3

Meds

Yes, I have to pickup RX every month @ MD, I called Express Script, they will not mail order blue scripts
US Army 22 years
Days Camped
2015 - 50+ days
bigduke1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #4

Class 2 hydrocodone.

After talking with the DW doctor about travelling, they will write 3 post dated paper scripts for her. At least during the trips planned.

I'm afraid we have not tried to fill out of state yet, but will very soon.

Talked to our Walmart phamacist and he said while travelling contact/talk the local pharmacist frankly about it. He suggested they can call the doctor or our local pharmacist for verification.

I have heard from other forum members that had issues depending on what state you are visiting. One had such a hard time in Texas they had to leave.

Hope it works out for you, and us also.