Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #1

NEED YOUR HELP FR3 25d

Need your help. Just got my brand new 2014 FR3, 25d (Two Mo. Old) back from the dealer in OK. City for the third time. This time they had to repair both slides (Gear motor on rear slide and cable on front slide) and replace both front head light assy, due to the paint on the inside peeling off. Well guess what, I discovered on the way home today that the front turn signals and side signal rear view display screen is now not working. I am so frustrated with Forest Rivers FR3 and their lack of quality in this unit that words can not explain. The dealer has been great about getting things fixed under warranty, but their lack of quality in their work leaves me in dismay also. So I guess my question is, does anyone have any ideas of what I can look for and check so I can fix it myself. I would take back to the dealer but it cost me around $200 in gas to drive down there and back and it is getting expensive to have warranty work done. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry for venting, I have more miles on it going back and forth for repairs than I have being able to use it. Thanks,
John
Mr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #2

I'm having similar problems. Owned coach for a little over a month and has been in the shop three weeks. Both slides. Roof has bubbles. Interior parts falling a part. Leveling Jacks don't work. The list goes on. I'm in the same boat not sure what to do. I read all over that this coach has trouble with the rear slides wonder why forest river does not engineer a resolution. Maybe explore the lemon law.
matthewdeweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #3

You have the same style headlights I have on our Coachmen Pursuit motorhome and had to replace ours also. But They are not made by Forest River but a outside vendor. They replaced them and that made me happy. Your turn signals and side camera not working would most likely be from the dealer not doing the job correctly.

If you look on other forums for other builders you will find the same things with slides and components. For the most part there are just a few component builders that all the builders get the parts from. And if you look around you will find that list is getting smaller every day. It leaves very limited suppliers for all the builders to pick from. Try going to the FROG rally next year and go to the classes offered and you can learn a lot about taking care of your unit.

Even the big auto manufactures are getting more of there components from the same parts suppliers. Very few make all the parts that go into there cars and trucks. Years ago GM, Ford, etc. made almost all the components in plants owned by them or subdivisions they owned.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #4

Thanks so much for your reply.
matthewdeweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply's. My dealer sent someone up from OK. city yesterday to pick the Motorhome up. (Sunday). They said they will take care of the problems and bring it back to me today. (Monday). They have been great about getting things taken care of within a couple of days. The problem their quality of work and lack of details is poor. We will see how this round goes.
Mr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #6

I feel your pain

Mr J - I don't have any sage words of advice to offer you, but I can tell you that we went through weeks of nagging, begging and cajoling to get the problems with our FR3 25 worked out. Most of the hassles are chronicled here in the forums.

I am glad to hear that your dealer is trying to work the problems out for you and I hope that this is the last trip that the coach has to make into the shop.
auntieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote