Old 07-17-2016, 09:05 AM   #11

We are currently on a 4 week road trip on the east coast and must say that we absolutely love it so far. The layout is just amazing for a larger family. The 2 couches allow us to spread out the kids just enough that everyone has there own space. Driving the unit has been a pleasant surprise. Had very high winds in Niagara Falls and thought the motorhome would wander a lot more than it actually did. I love the size of it which allows a much easier accessibility in and out of places. Fit and finish on the interior could have been done a little better, but all in all for the price point, I believe that you get a lot of bang for buck, with the FR3.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #12

Yeah its very windy here in South Texas and that was something my husband was actually rather impressed on was how the unit handled. The previous one he test drove he literally broke a sweat and said it was a lot of full time work - keeping in mind he holds a class A license and at work sometimes is taking a big rig with a 60 foot trailer through the Hill Country (so hed know better than me about handling) I felt too that the use of space was very smart and I get the idea of separating the kids on long trips! Mine are getting older but still seem to run into the "stop touching me!" if they are wedged in the car for too long. Thanks for the update!!!! Glad yall are having a good time - im hoping we get to the East Coast eventually now we have a more comfortable way to get there - never seen it myself - this southern gal seldom gets out of Texas (sad, i know)

Old 07-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDALHB View Post
Congrats to our newest FR3 owners and Forum members. Be sure to check out the ideas for modifications and great ideas in this Forum. Enjoy!
I found the mod page! Sat with the hubby and showed him too - lots of great tips! I did order the dirtdevil in house vac and, browsed camping world- man they have a lot of stuff. We will def be adding the shelving as well! Thanks!!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:52 PM   #14

We are looking at a 32DS also, is $87,600 a decent deal. I think we can get them lower though.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvrdude View Post
We are looking at a 32DS also, is $87,600 a decent deal. I think we can get them lower though.
We ended up at $91k out the door - hubby managed to get them to throw in a spare tire and rim and waive the delivery fee or destination charge or whatever it was (i wasnt there and supposedly it is usually like $850 - more likely a tactic to make us think they were really giving us something lol) $87k is a good price!? is it a 2017? Thinking maybe we should've been a little tougher in the negotiation process!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerber77 View Post
We ended up at $91k out the door - hubby managed to get them to throw in a spare tire and rim and waive the delivery fee or destination charge or whatever it was (i wasnt there and supposedly it is usually like $850 - more likely a tactic to make us think they were really giving us something lol) $87k is a good price!? is it a 2017? Thinking maybe we should've been a little tougher in the negotiation process!
It's a 2016 body and chassis, it has the 6 speed tranny. They have had it on their lot for awhile I know that, so I'm trying to get them lower. Our biggest problem is we have to travel to buy anything, Panama City, FL doesn't have much selection.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #17
Curiouser and Curiouser

Welcome to RVing in a FR3! We really enjoy our FR3 and have just returned from a 7 week trip. We had a blast! The FR3s have such good floor plans and pack so much into a small space - we are really happy with our choice. Another big plus for us has been this forum. No question in my mind that this site has added immeasurably to our enjoyment - and has helped us address many little things that have improved our RVing experience. Welcome again and thanks to all of you out there who help others through the great time and advice you dedicate to this site!