Old 08-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #11

I'm in the exact same boat.... I live in Oregon but every time I hit a bridge or a pot hole... or expansion joint in the road, I cringe.

I'm going with the CHF, the Roadmaster Rear anti-sway, a Henderson Super Steer rear trac-bar, and the Sumo Springs... and the Koni's.

Love the FR3... can't stand the ride

Days Camped 30
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #12

Antoine, I added the Sumo Springs on the front a couple of months ago and it really reduced the rolling motion in my 2015 GT 364TS. If you have any DIY skills, don't pay someone else hundreds of dollars to do it. All it takes is to drill one hole put a bolt through it and tighten two included U-bolts on each side. You don't even need to jack it up.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:37 PM   #13

I have a 2015 fr3 25ds. We have the steering stabilizer, new sway bars, and the Sumos front and back. I love the Sumos, much improved ride, firm but not jaw rattling like before.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #14

We have the cheaper version of Sumo springs that replaces the stock bump stops and prevents nose dive and think it helps. I might upgrade to the ones that ties into the axle later down the road. But I think the Koni took care of the jarring effect of the roads mainly.

And if your looking for sway bars, check out Hellwigs. Cheaper than Roadmaster, same thickness. Heres some info that I've posted in the past. PN only valid for 30DS, and possibly 25/28. I think the 32DS is on a heavy chassis, ie. different Dana rear end.
----------------------------------
In case others are interested in the Part Numbers:
Hellwig 7217 for the front ($340)
Hellwig 7215 for the rear ($593)
Old 08-24-2016, 07:15 PM   #15

I would highly recommend the Sumo Springs, see the modification on our 2016 FR3 30DS below from my December 2015 posting. The improvement in Ride and Handling is great and our son and family are on an 11 month trip around the US starting in January 2016. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472083874.288886.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	118363Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472083899.478915.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	118364Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472083929.774374.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	118365The FR3 now has 19,500 miles and riding great.. I worked directly with the Sumo Spring engineering to determine the correct unit to install because of an interference bracket on the right hand rear suspension.. Following is my post from last December:
"I'm new to this forum and purchased a 2016 FR3 30DS early September. I have been retired 7 1/2 years and wanted a motorhome that my wife and I could use as well as our 3 grown chjildren and their families. We have a total of 8 grandchildren ranging in age from 4 to 9 years old and this model seemed to fit the needs of each family as well as ourselves. Being concerned about ride and handling I decided before purchase I would added the after market enhancements to provide the maximum performance since up to 7 different individuals would be driving this motorhome overtime. As a result I added these enhancements over the last 6 weeks: Safety-T-Plus steering stabilizer; RoadMaster aux rear stabilizer bar; Henderson SuperSteer SS-400 rear trac bar and this past Monday Maximum SumoSprings on the front and rear. I understand that Tiffin is now offering the SumoSpring as an option on their gas motorhomes and now is considering it standard. After picking up our new motorhome in September it was somewhat of a white knuckle ride home for 60 miles through Detroit rush hour traffic. Following these enhancement the improvement in ride and handling is amazing. The ride is extremely stable and takes little effort to drive with one
hand on the wheel versus my original experience. Thank you to all on the forum for your great insight and recommendations".

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
I'm tired of cursing and/or using the Lord's name in vain every time I hit a bump in the road or one of the millions of potholes in CA. Has anyone changed out their shocks to Bilstein and/or added SumoSprings? Worth it? The F53 chasis is built for commercial trucks, so it feels like a commercial truck ride. 1 1/2 years, getting kinda old.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
I have a 2015 Newmar 3610 canyon star. Had a hard time keeping it in the road installed:
Kumiss on 4 corners
Replaced swaybar on front
Added swaybar on rear, two now
Added a centering fdifferentil control bar
Added a steering dampener centering device front end
Had the fronend aligned at truck alignment shop
Added a tuner for the ford v10
Added Banks headers, Exaust Sys and intake box
Now it runs and handles like I thought it is should when I purchased it
Hope this helpful
H
Old 08-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #17

Thanks for all the feedback. Defintely will start with a steering stabilizer and either Konis or Sumo Springs, or both if the wallet can take it. Thanks again!

Antone

Old 08-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #18

The alignment is good, had that checked last month. 👍🏻

Antone

Old 08-31-2016, 06:01 PM   #19

I had the SumoSprings installed shortly after reading Jim Wiemels' original post and contacting the same factory rep. My setup is the same as Jim's in that I have the SS400 Tracbar and the square tube on the frame that interferes with the installation of the 8" springs on the rear.

The folks at SuperSprings are incredibly helpful. They remembered working with Jim and sent me the kits I needed. Install time by an inexperienced but competent installer was about 3-1/2 hours; no experience with SumoSprings but knowledgeable about suspension upgrades/modifications.

The Sumos raised my rig about an inch all the way around, so at first I thought I was going to experience a harsher ride; didn't happen. In fact, the ride seems softer.

The difference in control and ride is amazing. For example, there's a spot on the freeway that I used to absolutely dread going over before the Sumos because of the side to side bounce I would get from the uneven surface. There's a dip on the right, then a dip on the left immediately after. It was bad enough that stuff would fly out of the cupboards sometimes. I barely noticed it after the Sumos. There is virtually no side to side bounce or feeling like I might lose control now.

i would highly recommend them.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #20

Glad to hear that everything worked well with the SumoSprings. Our son and family return to Michigan mid-August on their 11 month trip around North America for the one year warranty work and I had a chance to drive our 2016 FR3 30DS 70 miles through Detroit from the RV dealer and after 19,500 miles the ride and handling is still outstanding with our modifications. Good luck and safe travels. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472686221.074460.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	119062

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums