Old 03-24-2014, 11:47 PM   #1

New issue...front shade

Now I have a new issue. The front privacy Shade will not retract (roll up). Called dealer to add to list . We see soon how I stand on how the dealer handles the repairs.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #2

If you have a power shade you may be able to adjust and reset the stops. If you do not have a manual, I did not, look up the owners manual online. Mine had a tiny reset button hidden in the top right corner of windshield. With the instructions in front of you, and either two people or long arms, you go through a reset process to set the upper and lower limits with engine on and engine off.

I wish I wrote down the website, the service guy at the dealer told me on the phone where to find it and it was easy from there. It also let me set the lower stop below the factory set while the motor was on, a big improvement when driving directly into the sun

Old 03-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Magic View Post
Now I have a new issue. The front privacy Shade will not retract (roll up). Called dealer to add to list . We see soon how I stand on how the dealer handles the repairs.
Known issue. The wiring is too small and will blow the fuse. In my case, it also rubbed through the learning switch wires because the shade was hung improperly on the rollers. The dealer should be able to take care of you, but make sure they pull new wire. Mine was on the same circuit as the radio, so I bet if you check, your radio doesn't work now either.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #4

Thanks for your replys. Kinda bummed about this, hopefully it will all work out..
Old 03-25-2014, 09:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconcapt View Post
If you have a power shade you may be able to adjust and reset the stops. If you do not have a manual, I did not, look up the owners manual online. Mine had a tiny reset button hidden in the top right corner of windshield. With the instructions in front of you, and either two people or long arms, you go through a reset process to set the upper and lower limits with engine on and engine off.

I wish I wrote down the website, the service guy at the dealer told me on the phone where to find it and it was easy from there. It also let me set the lower stop below the factory set while the motor was on, a big improvement when driving directly into the sun
"Mine had a tiny reset button hidden in the top right corner of windshield."
Is this a FR3?

The training button for our Georgetown is (WAS) in the drivers side windshield trim. After repairing the rubbed wire(S) I left it out for a yr.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #6

Quote:

Google "MCD" instructions are on line! I now use tie back drapes, motor shade Isn't worth the trouble.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Google "MCD" instructions are on line! I now use tie back drapes, motor shade Isn't worth the trouble.

What's MCD, tried to Google and I got McDonald Hamburgers...
Old 03-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #8

Quote:
What's MCD, tried to Google and I got McDonald Hamburgers...

LOL- try MCD shades- ogles of choices