Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2019, 12:07 AM   #1

No Air Con!

My thermostat doesn’t even turn on...checked breaker and fuses...must be missing something somewhere...always had trouble with the furnace coming on ...now no Air when I need it!
lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:22 AM   #2

I have a 2016 30 ds
Old 08-02-2019, 02:12 AM   #3

Is your battery dead or extremely low (below 12v?).

When you say doesn't even turn on, you get no indication of anything on the screen OR you can see the settings but when you turn it to AC, it does nothing?

Are you plugged into a 30 amp service? If your plugged into something less than that (say a 15 amp outside plug) you may or may not have enough amperage to run the AC and it may not be starting as a damage prevention feature of the AC.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:27 AM   #4

Plugged in ...everything works just no power to the thermostat
Old 08-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #5

I had that problem on my first trip in our 2017 FR3 29DS . Took it back to dealer and they found broken wire connections at the AC. The access was under the plenum cover in the ceiling. Had problem again and there was bad wire in the thermostat.

Got it running, but output was poor and eventually it began leaking water from the grill. My AC is an Atwood model AC-1361 not a heat pump. There is a Dometic fix available for this problem. I called Dometic and they sent me two kits, one for each of my AC's with no cost to me. See this thread for info: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...r3-169184.html. I istalled them myself and every thing worked. The front AC still had a problem with low output and freezing up. The dealer determined the Freon was low, which requires AC replacement covered by 2 year warranty. Finally everything worked OK. Found up to date Dometic Atwood Air Command Manual and found the operation of the thermostat for heat etc. was not as I had been told. I was confused because I had originally been told my front AC was a heat pump and the operation of the thermostat is different between the two.
Ben
Old 08-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #6

For some reason my previous post dropped the full length to thread which is:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...r3-169184.html
Old 08-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #7
Coach

Do you have a voltmeter that you can pull the tstat and check for voltage getting to it?

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #8

Got a guy to look at it as I am no wizz with electrical problems ..I am going to fish some wires from the furnace to a manual thermostat and put the other one on the air on...the thermostats are garbage I purchased a new one and didn’t work or cure my problem....there is no power from the roof board to the thermostat so he will walk through it with engineers at atwood
Old 08-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #9

So I will have two separate thermostats both manual