Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #1

no power to awning

My power awning is not working, solera power model. There is no power at all. Everything else is working, even the led lights in the awning. I am thinking it might be a blown fuse but I cannot locate the fuse for the awning. I was hoping someone would know where to locate this fuse? and/or any other suggestions why the awning might not be working? I am not that handy so I'm hoping for something easy.

This a brand new motorhome and the awning did work on our walkthrough.
JKRNielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRNielsen View Post
My power awning is not working, solera power model. There is no power at all. Everything else is working, even the led lights in the awning. I am thinking it might be a blown fuse but I cannot locate the fuse for the awning. I was hoping someone would know where to locate this fuse? and/or any other suggestions why the awning might not be working? I am not that handy so I'm hoping for something easy.

This a brand new motorhome and the awning did work on our walkthrough.
That happen to me. It was a loose wire on the switch.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #3

The awning fuse in the GT is typically an inline fuse connected directly to a coach battery post.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
Site Team

Do you have a remote for the awning?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #5

thank you for the responses. It was a blown fuse, I missed it when I checked for one the first time. We are leaving on our first trip and were a bit disappointed everything wasn't working. It must be something that happens often, there was a blown fuse on the battery, same 10 amp. Now we are good to good. Thank you again!
JKRNielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #6
Site Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what it was, and where you found it. It's easy to miss those when they're not in the fuse panel where all the others are.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #7

dml

Mine has a 30 amp fuse that flows. The remote then wont control the awning, slide out nor the jacks but the awning lights work with it. My fuse is in the bathroom under a shelf in one of the cabinets. It has a green head. I probably have a different rv than you, but I am sure it is the fuse. The fuse is in a different area than the fuse box that is easily accessible.
dmlranhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #8

Usually a fuse does not just blow, something causes it. Fuses are installed to protect the system, cheaper to replace a 50 cent fuse than your wiring or motor. If it blows again, you will know for sure that you have a problem and not just a weak fuse.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #9

Another "quick fix" solution - make sure the engine is not running . . .
I've had that head scratcher moment when my awning would not retract when it worked just an hour earlier - I finally figured out that there is a cut off relay related to my ignition circuit. It was intended to prevent the awning being extended while the engine is running, but it also prevents it from being retracted. I had purposely left the awning out as long as possible when we were stopped for lunch as a hot sun was beating down on that side. When we got everything started back up - no ability to pull it back. A quick pucker moment, but checking for a running engine is now my first "go to" when something isn't operating like it should (on my coach, same "power cut-off" issue with the slides and the leveling system . . .)

Tags
awning, power