Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #21

Can someone tell me the part number for the anode rod for 2015 FR3? Thanks in advance.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #22
Senior Member - Retired

Antone - It depends on the hot water heater model you have. I suspect you may have a Suburban unit. Mine is a Suburban model SW10DE. I do not know the anode part number but was able to get a new anode at Fairway Ford on Yorba Linda, Blvd. If you take your manufacturer and model number to Fairway Ford I am pretty sure they can provide the correct anode. Good luck!
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #23

This is what I use in my 2015 FR3Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1455822439.326422.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	99845Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1455822456.342943.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	99846
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #24

Same on Amazon. Also replaced electric heating element (I burned it on an empty hot water heater)

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #25

Anode Rod

After cleaning out a plugged up toilet supply line a couple times last year, I replaced the water heater anode rod as suggested here and other threads. After leaving the new rod in for just 4 months, I decided to drain the water heater tank again and see what the anode rod looked liked. The pic below is just after 4 months. I used a bottle brush to help clean out the water tank as it drains. A tremendous amount of sludge came out once again. I firmly believe this is the stuff that back flows into the cold water line and ends up clogging sink and toilet supply line filters. Has anyone installed a screen filter to the cold water supply line or a back flow device on the cold water supply line?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-10 Anode Rod.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	101677  
Old 03-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #26
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Using a bottle brush does not always get rid of the sludge that accumulates in the water heater. I bought a water heater flusher from CW and whenever I change the anode, I flush the water heater for a good 5 minutes to clean the system. After this is done, I will take out the faucet screens and run water through the lines for a few minutes to clear them. It's amazing how much crap gets into the lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #27

This sediment issue, it would seem to be a continuous maintenance project. It would seem that this would happen whether you are hooked up to direct city water or using your fresh water tank if the anode is the problem. You will always want hot water. Now the toilet issue. Yeah, right hot water in toilet line (anode sand in lines) or not? I don't want to be part of the hornet's nest debate lol. I have my 2016 30DS FR3 in the shop now for some warranty work. I also have the plugged kitchen sink and toilet line. We had no issues with direct hook ups but when we filled tank it clogged. I decided to let them take care of it this time (first time we filled the fresh water tank) while it was in there. The tech told me there are no screens and they have to pull the toilet off the floor to unplug it. I'll have to look at this when it comes back from the shop. Unless foreign debris (possible plastic) is stuck in the line from tank to toilet valve I don't understand this. Glad it's under warranty

DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:00 AM   #28

No screens in the toilet water line eh? Well unless your 2016 toilet model us different that my 2015 model, the tech doesn't know what he's talking about. There most certainty is a screen in mine.

Attached (I hope) is a pic of my toilet water supply line at the toilet. Notice the crap in the line and if you look closer, you'll see part of the screen showing through.

I'd ask them... OK, what exactly (and where) was the problem and what did they do to fix it.

I'd also suggest you unscrew and look at the bathroom sink outlet (where the water comes out) and see if you have crap in there about to plug up that sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	106023  

Tags
water