Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

Noise solutions

Does anyone recommend how to deal with cabin noise while driving on the highway? Just bought a new FR3 30D seems a little noisy.
Jack189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack189 View Post
Does anyone recommend how to deal with cabin noise while driving on the highway? Just bought a new FR3 30D seems a little noisy.
Howdy Jack189, and welcome to Forest River Forums.

The site team is going to move this question of yours to the FR3 forums, where maybe you can hopefully get a sufficient answer. This may be a tough one to answer though, since noise can be subjective, and different people deal with it in different ways. It may not bother some, while it drives others up the walls. It's akin to some people have to have white noise to sleep, while others have to have complete silence.

Good luck.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #3

Make sureyour dog house cover (the cover between the two front seats over the engine) is properly adjusted (tight) and that the rubber seal is in the correct place for a good seal. After re adjusting mine it made a world of differnce.

I have some dynamat i was going to install but when i set about to do it i noticed that the clamps were not all that tight holding the cover down. Adjusted them first and now MUCH better.
zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #4

Jack
We have noticed that to keep the cab area colder or warmer placing the bunk down and draping a blanket keeps the air in. This also reduced the rattles from the rear. I added extra stereo speakers just behind the seats. This creates a nice cabin zone easier to hear the radio and the gps. Just my wife and I so this is a socially acceptable solution for us. If you have an extended family you may not want to try that. Unless it's your mother in law!

2014 FR330 DS
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #5

Turn up the radio, thats how we roll…...
bencurley is offline   Reply With Quote