Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #1

Non-stick walls

We have been trying to hang Command hooks on the walls in the camper. The ones that look like wood paneling will not hold the hooks very long. The hooks adhere well to the other walls. Has anyone else had any luck with hanging Command hooks to the paneling?
Thanks,
Grandma99
Grandma99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Motoring

Same experience, even after cleaning the surface w/ alcohol.
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma99 View Post
We have been trying to hang Command hooks on the walls in the camper. The ones that look like wood paneling will not hold the hooks very long. The hooks adhere well to the other walls. Has anyone else had any luck with hanging Command hooks to the paneling?
Thanks,
Grandma99
I hung the sticky type hook on an outside wall when i first got my TT. I crapped my pants a couple hours later when the sticky hook had pulled off the wallpaper in the shape of a bees nest! I removed the coat from the hook and used a hair dryer to reattach the wallpaper! I only ended up with a few extra small wrinkles near the ceiling thankfully. No more sticky type hooks on the outside walls after that!

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but thought I should share my "experience"!

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #4

Thanks for the help, guys. I also tried alcohol, but it didn't work for me, either. At least, not on the paneling. I thought about using some fine grade sandpaper on the area that the sticky part goes on, but don't want to mess up the paneling. I may want to move the Command hook later.
Grandma99
Old 04-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #5

Good luck, they would not stick for me either. I added a nail with the velcro strips Just to get a battery clock to stay on the wall.
They use to advertise a hanger hook on TV that used a very small wire nail that left a very very small hole when removed. Not sure where to get them but it might be an idea for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #6
Plain Old Member

Why not just go permanent? It's your RV, make it home. I understand some people like to move the hooks around, but you only have so much realestate to work with. We've had some mighty fancy coat hooks, towel hooks, pot holder hangers from flea markets and on it goes. We decorate, as if it was home, which in our case it is. If you don't like where it's at, unscrew it and fill the holes with a matching putty, which will match the rest of the sloppy putty they use to fill nail holes when built.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #7

So true Big John D. I do the same, try to minimize the holes but if the DW wants it hung there...that's where it goes.
johnpisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:37 AM   #8

Same here... Didn't work in our Monaco, and tried I. This one too... Nothing I want to hang badly enough that I'm willing to put a whole in the wall...
Pammyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #9
Motoring

I found super strong double sided tape in paint section of Home Depot. I'm going to try that with o hook. I'm going to assume it's fairly permanent

3M tape. It's red.
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Campfire Master

I wonder what the difference is. I cleaned mine with alcohol and the command hooks have been holding on with no problem. I use two of them in the bathroom to hang towels on. Towels are pretty heavy after a shower.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #11

The bathroom does not have the paneling type walls. Try hanging a hook on the living room walls with the paneling and see how long it will hang there. I hung a hook in the bathroom on the wallpaper type wall and it is still hanging, too. Unfortunately, it won't hang very long on the extra slick paneling in the front part of the camper. Thanks for the feekback.
Grandma99
Old 04-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto69 View Post
I found super strong double sided tape in paint section of Home Depot. I'm going to try that with o hook. I'm going to assume it's fairly permanent

3M tape. It's red.
The strongest tape that I have used from 3m was their VHT (very hight bond) it want come back off easy, it will rip the wall paper if you try to remove.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app