Old 09-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #21
Originally Posted by kluza2786 View Post
bop11 - What part of the country are you from? I don't think that you'd have any problem staying at Pine Island for a month. They have a lot of seasonal campers there for 3-4 month stretches.

Let me know how that Encore pass works for you. I had taken a look at it after I found out that the PI KOA was now part of their group, but have heard that it's difficult to get the "free" camping during prime times - i.e. weekends, etc. Hope that works out for you.
Hi kluza2786,

We are live just north of Pt. Huron MI near the south end of Lake Huron.
I'll keep you posted about the Thousand Trails thing. There are only 3 "free" campgrounds in FL which we can only stay 14 days then for 7 days you can't stay at those 3 parks. We will probably stay at one in March for 2 weeks. Also under the Zone Pass you can get 20% off the weekly rate (up to 2 weeks) and 10% off the monthly rate at all of there Encore Campgrounds. We figured if we get a months worth of camping at the Thousand Trails parks it would pay for itself. I'll keep you posted.
Bill and Penny

bop11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #22
Hi campers: my wife and I are from Elkhart, IN also, but are not able to go as easy cause my 93 year old Mother lives with us. We are both retired but I work part time also and have most likely packed it up for this year. Keep us in mind for next summer and beyond. We plan on doing winters in the Southwest at some point.

grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by J1BCU View Post
We are in Elkhart. Where are the two of you? We might be interested for next week if we can get together.

We bought our XLR in Elkhart!

XLR Owners United!
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #24
Sure, we love going to Yankee Springs and also Fort Custer. Fort Custer has a wonderful bird sanctuary and also the Kellogg Car museum so both great places to go and not far.
The Crofoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #25
We almost bought an FR3, but decided to wait, I know that our dealer is going to be getting some Coachman's in and they make a class C that we really like, so we may be changing from our Sunseeker in the next year.
The Crofoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #26
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
We leave beginning of Jan. for Florida. Come home in april.
A32Deuce, Which part of FL do you go?
bop11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #27
Originally Posted by okccampers View Post
Hi we have retired 3 years ago and just bought a fr3 25 and would like to hear from you. Our e mail adress is jhheenan@ We live in oklahoma city.
Though everyone on here are good people. You might not want to post your email or phone number on an open forum page. You can private message any member, it is one of the options. It will spare you the possibility of spam.
StephanFR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:12 AM   #28
Start in Silver Springs for a car show, Fort Mayer's, them Marathon in the Keys.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #29
Does anyone know of any good RV parks (for Winter) in the Riverside California area. Closest we could find that were decent was in Hemet Ca. and San Demas Ca. or Orange/Anehiem area. Which are about 40 to 60 minutes without traffic, away from Riverside ca.
philv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #30
Originally Posted by RoyalFrog2 View Post
Hi there! I'm retired and hubby is self-employed so maybe that makes him retired. We live in St. Joseph, Mi. Next trip is to the 2015 FROG Amish Country Getaway in Ohio Sept. 23-27. After that, a Florida trip to visit family in the Orlando area in November and again in March. Keep us posted.
Since you are so close, don't forget to visit the Forest River FROG Rally in Goshen next Aug. You may want to run South in Jan or Feb. I grew up in St Joe and know what the winters are like.

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote

camper, tire