Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #1

northern Indiana retired campers

We have an FR3 and wonder if any other retirees regardless of unit looking for others to camp with and enjoy outdoors, relax.
J1BCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #2

Hi J1BCU,
My wife and I are semi retired (we both occasionally work part time).
We are from the thumb area of MI. And we camp in a 5th wheel.
bop11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the comeback! I guess we are semi retired also (my husband works and I did until a couple wks ago, part time) Do you winter away from MI? If interested fall colors are a great time to camp. Would be fun to get Forest River people together and have an informal outing for fall.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:50 PM   #4

We would be interested, we are going to Traverse City next week for a fall get away.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #5

We are in Elkhart. Where are the two of you? We might be interested for next week if we can get together.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:13 PM   #6

Unfortunately just today I took my our camper to Elkhart for some repairs. It'll probably be there for a couple of weeks.
We are going to Jeffersonville IN to work for Amazon in Oct thru late Dec.
in Jan we will be heading to south Florida. Any of you guys Snowbirding?
Old 09-19-2015, 05:42 AM   #7

We go to Casa Grande,Az for winter. We leave the first of Dec. and return in April. Love the dry weather and lots to do and make great friends in +55 park.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #8

We are located about half way between Detriot and Flint. Not sure about this year yet, but last year we spent time in Fort Myers and Bradenton.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:16 AM   #9

We might try AZ in 2017 but this year will probably be Ft. Meyers. Thinking about Pine Island. Any body been there?
Old 09-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #10

Larry and I (Ruth) are in Cassopolis and retired. Larry does have a business, but it can be done from wherever we are. We are thinking of going North in 2 weeks for about 2 weeks.
The Crofoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1BCU View Post
We have an FR3 and wonder if any other retirees regardless of unit looking for others to camp with and enjoy outdoors, relax.
Hi we have retired 3 years ago and just bought a fr3 25 and would like to hear from you. Our e mail adress is jhheenan@ cox.net We live in oklahoma city.
okccampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #12

We leave beginning of Jan. for Florida. Come home in april.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop11 View Post
We might try AZ in 2017 but this year will probably be Ft. Meyers. Thinking about Pine Island. Any body been there?
We spent a couple of weeks on Pine Island last February and liked it so much that we're going back for a month this February. We stayed at the KOA - Pine Island, but unless you already have reservations, it might be a problem getting in there. Some friends of ours stayed outside of Port Charlotte and we tried to get a reservation at their campground but were told that they pretty much book up a year in advance. We REALLY enjoyed Pine Island since it's close enough to Sanibel to be able to go there for a day trip, yet it's somewhat off the beaten path so that you don't have too much traffic - except at certain times getting through Matlacha. There are several good restaurants close-by if you want some fresh seafood.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #14

I see you are in NJ/ Have you ever camped at Liberty State Park in Jersey City across the river from NY? Really close to the subway and you can also take the ferry from the lot. Also there are tour buses that pick you up at the park. It doesn't look like much but as little time at the camper is was fine for us.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #15

Hi Larry and Ruth, We are taking a trip to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge in Mid October. The colors should be good then. We will take a long weekend. My husband(Jim) works part time on Mon/Tue. You are not far from us and I have relatives in Cass. Interested in a weekend trip nearby?
Old 09-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop11 View Post
Stayed at Pine Island KOA a few years ago and really liked it. Nice paved sites with good amenities. A good choice for a few weeks. Now we stay at Three Lakes in Hudson FL.
Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #17

northern Indiana retired campers

Hi there! I'm retired and hubby is self-employed so maybe that makes him retired. We live in St. Joseph, Mi. Next trip is to the 2015 FROG Amish Country Getaway in Ohio Sept. 23-27. After that, a Florida trip to visit family in the Orlando area in November and again in March. Keep us posted.
RoyalFrog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluza2786 View Post
We spent a couple of weeks on Pine Island last February and liked it so much that we're going back for a month this February. We stayed at the KOA - Pine Island, but unless you already have reservations, it might be a problem getting in there. Some friends of ours stayed outside of Port Charlotte and we tried to get a reservation at their campground but were told that they pretty much book up a year in advance. We REALLY enjoyed Pine Island since it's close enough to Sanibel to be able to go there for a day trip, yet it's somewhat off the beaten path so that you don't have too much traffic - except at certain times getting through Matlacha. There are several good restaurants close-by if you want some fresh seafood.
Thanks for the information about this park.
We just bought a Zone pass to Thousand Trails/Encore and are really taking a look at spending a month there. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
Stayed at Pine Island KOA a few years ago and really liked it. Nice paved sites with good amenities. A good choice for a few weeks. Now we stay at Three Lakes in Hudson FL.
Bill
Thanks for the information about Pine Island. Without ever seeing a campground it's really hard to commit to stay there for a month.

We really like the area around Tarpon Springs.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:59 AM   #20

bop11 - What part of the country are you from? I don't think that you'd have any problem staying at Pine Island for a month. They have a lot of seasonal campers there for 3-4 month stretches.

Let me know how that Encore pass works for you. I had taken a look at it after I found out that the PI KOA was now part of their group, but have heard that it's difficult to get the "free" camping during prime times - i.e. weekends, etc. Hope that works out for you.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, tire