Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #11

Yes I would definitely recommend the FR3, as we have been on four separate trips in four weeks and no issues. This has been a great unit and we are completely satisfied. I really think that this is a great deal especially for the price point. I was originally worried that driving an A class would be too much, however I have been pleasantly surprised that this is been very easy to drive.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #12

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask what you re getting on average in terms of gas mileage. I've heard conflicting info from the dealer on this but would assume mileAge would be around 10mpg.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #13

My wife lives in Lawton,OK which is 204.22 miles from Glenpool with a lot of hills on the Turner Turn Pike or Interstate 44. We filled up in Lawton (80 Gal. tank) and only used 1/4 of a tank and that's towing a KIA Sorento which weighs 4,500lbs and running the generator for main AC unit. I averaged between 60-65 mph without the cruise control I know you want the average but I hope this helps some.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattazz View Post
Yes you are right about no 15,000 being an option and my salesman was missed informed and felt bad.
Well since I posted this the dealer took in and they found the vents clogged up with debris and even tape! So now we can sit in the gallery and feel the AC blowing from the vents. We're getting covers put over the vents so we can keep them open when not in use and while we're traveling. We are going to Lawton for our FIRST Full time out with it on Aug.9 and will let y'all know how it goes.

Rick & Dora
Just got back from Lawton,OK. after a 4 day camping by the lake and it was GREAT! We did have a issue on the way down but that was resolved with a phone call to the dealership. The AC worked great and the use of fans did help a lot ! Going to OKC in Sept. to stay at a KOA customer appreciation stay for pay one night stay free the next night!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #15

Thanks for sharing
Old 09-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #16

Congrats and no worries. We were the same way and now 3 months later we fee like pros. The great thing about the FR3 and one of the selling points is the fact that it is easy to drive. Pretty soon you will be forgetting that you are driving a class A and find yourself cruising in and out parking lots no problem. It is a great rig and you guys will have a lot of fun. Just find a dealer to service the rig that you like as you will find with any rig that stuff comes loose and little things come up. No big deal just make a list drop it off and let the manufactures warranty do the rest. Have fun and good luck!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #17

Quote:
My wife lives in Lawton,OK which is 204.22 miles from Glenpool with a lot of hills on the Turner Turn Pike or Interstate 44. We filled up in Lawton (80 Gal. tank) and only used 1/4 of a tank and that's towing a KIA Sorento which weighs 4,500lbs and running the generator for main AC unit. I averaged between 60-65 mph without the cruise control I know you want the average but I hope this helps some.

I was told by the dealer the Kia Sorento couldn't be towed. What type of hook up are you using?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #18
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Sounds about 9mpg which would be expected with that rig combo in a gasser...not bad
Old 09-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles5 View Post
Congrats and no worries. We were the same way and now 3 months later we fee like pros. The great thing about the FR3 and one of the selling points is the fact that it is easy to drive. Pretty soon you will be forgetting that you are driving a class A and find yourself cruising in and out parking lots no problem. It is a great rig and you guys will have a lot of fun. Just find a dealer to service the rig that you like as you will find with any rig that stuff comes loose and little things come up. No big deal just make a list drop it off and let the manufactures warranty do the rest. Have fun and good luck!
100% agree with this statement. Be careful though, it's SO confidence inspiring that you really do need to remember it is a 31' Motorhome. I went in the grocery store parking lot the way I would have in a car, which I never would have done in the Monaco DP we had, ripped the trailer plug nearly off.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #20

New to the forum and wanted to says that we will be picking up our new FR3 25' on December 4th in Phoenix. Looked at one just outside Flagstaff, fell in love with it. Dealer in Phoenix volunteered to drive one up to our place to see if it would fit in our motor home house. Went on a test drive and my wife was actually surprised how nice it was to drive. First outing might be Lake Pleasant, north of Phoenix. Happy Holidays from Prescott, AZ..