Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #21

Taking our FR3 on its first trip...Disneyland. Going to stay at the Anaheim RV Resort. Love the Mouse!
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Lady View Post
I was told by the dealer the Kia Sorento couldn't be towed. What type of hook up are you using?
We used a tow dolly for Sorento,but now own a 2014 Ford Fiesta which can be flat towed once you unhook the neg. cable from the battery and put it in "N". Plus it's a lot lighter even on a dolly.
Rick & Dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #23

Congradulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Magic View Post
Taking our FR3 on its first trip...Disneyland. Going to stay at the Anaheim RV Resort. Love the Mouse!
Hello Rolling Magic,
Good Luck with your FR3 and your trip to Disney. We bought ours this summer and after getting the problems fixed we've had great times with it. My wife wants to take her Grandson to Disney and my sons live in Waycross,GA. Hope to go next year, the weather in OK. kept mine parked for now.
By the way I loved the cruise control while going to Selina,KS. to hilly in OK.!
Rick & Dora
Didn't know this site had an App !
Rick & Dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattazz View Post
Hello Rolling Magic,
Good Luck with your FR3 and your trip to Disney. We bought ours this summer and after getting the problems fixed we've had great times with it. My wife wants to take her Grandson to Disney and my sons live in Waycross,GA. Hope to go next year, the weather in OK. kept mine parked for now.
By the way I loved the cruise control while going to Selina,KS. to hilly in OK.!
Rick & Dora
Didn't know this site had an App !

Brattazz thanks. I have settled in and everything seems to be working, waiting for my DW to arrive from work...L.A. Traffic stinks.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #25

Got back from out Disneyland trip and all went well. Really don't like the furnace - noisy! Used a small ceramic heater which warmed the FR3 fine. Next trip Quartzsie...
Old 12-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #26

Rolling Magic you were bothered by the furnace. Did the top unit stay on blowing all night or the lower vents on? If upper blowing I have the fix. Let me know
D5106ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5106ret View Post
Rolling Magic you were bothered by the furnace. Did the top unit stay on blowing all night or the lower vents on? If upper blowing I have the fix. Let me know

D5106ret, not sure, I just know it was noisy and I shut it off. I'll need to re-eval and I will let you know. Thanks for offering your help.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #28

Quote:
My air conditioner runs when you run the furnace. I went and turned off the breaker for the a/c to stop it from running. What is the fix you use??
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #29

Rolling Magic, I believe I had the same problem which I understand common to FR3 setting at factory. Try setting the thermostat to fan. Place the setting on auto. Turn up the heat. The lower furnace (LPG) should turn on without the upper ac unit. Give that a try and see if that will work. Good luck. David
D5106ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #30

Quote:
Rolling Magic, I believe I had the same problem which I understand common to FR3 setting at factory. Try setting the thermostat to fan. Place the setting on auto. Turn up the heat. The lower furnace (LPG) should turn on without the upper ac unit. Give that a try and see if that will work. Good luck. David

D5106ret, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info...
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoMaster View Post
My air conditioner runs when you run the furnace. I went and turned off the breaker for the a/c to stop it from running. What is the fix you use??

PhotoMaster, took your advice and trip the AC breaker and just the furnace ran. Hopefully not screwing something up. Here's a photo from this last week of camping. Had a good time...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1390060377.411636.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	45109
Old 01-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #32

Quote:
It took me a few minutes to figure out what you were saying, but it works perfectly now!

Also, if you shut off the breaker to the A/C you won't hurt anything because it's just like dry docking.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #33

Wow, I rarely use my furnace because of this exact problem. It's so noisy, and I always wondered why there was cool air blowing from the top.

I read two fixes here: one to trip the breaker to the A/C, and the other to set it on fan instead of furnace, set to auto, then turn up heat... but I don't know how to turn up the heat once I have it set on auto. The + and - buttons just cycle through hi, lo, and au.

Anyway, it looks like either way there is a fix. I, too, have primarily been using electric heaters due to the noisy furnace. They work okay, but my electric bill at the park ends up being pretty high.

So glad I found this thread.

Barbara
BarbaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraG View Post
Wow, I rarely use my furnace because of this exact problem. It's so noisy, and I always wondered why there was cool air blowing from the top.

I read two fixes here: one to trip the breaker to the A/C, and the other to set it on fan instead of furnace, set to auto, then turn up heat... but I don't know how to turn up the heat once I have it set on auto. The + and - buttons just cycle through hi, lo, and au.

Anyway, it looks like either way there is a fix. I, too, have primarily been using electric heaters due to the noisy furnace. They work okay, but my electric bill at the park ends up being pretty high.

So glad I found this thread.

Barbara

It does make a difference...
Old 01-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Using the +/- buttons, set it to AU.
Then use the mode button to go to furnace. Then the +/- buttons will adjust the temperature.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #36

Dometic Thermostat Operator's Manual

Thanks. It worked. Last night I used the furnace for heating instead of electric. While I can definitely hear it, it's not so loud as to disturb me, unlike when the A/C fan was on as well. Don't know what I'll do when the day comes I need to use A/C.

I went online and found the operator's manual for the thermostat. What hadn't been clear to me is that 'fan' applies strictly to the A/C fan, and, contrary to what you'd think, "Au" turns off the A/C fan.

I'm uploading the manual here.

Barbara
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DometicThermostat.pdf (1.39 MB, 77 views)
Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Thanks. It worked. Last night I used the furnace for heating instead of electric. While I can definitely hear it, it's not so loud as to disturb me, unlike when the A/C fan was on as well. Don't know what I'll do when the day comes I need to use A/C.

I went online and found the operator's manual for the thermostat. What hadn't been clear to me is that 'fan' applies strictly to the A/C fan, and, contrary to what you'd think, "Au" turns off the A/C fan.

I'm uploading the manual here.

Barbara
In auto it should turn on when the A/C is needed.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #38

You're right, of course. The fan is off if you're in Auto when the furnace is on, but will cycle as needed when A/C is on. I hadn't thought about that.

B
Old 01-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #39

furnace/thermostat?

Okay, after several blissful mornings of being able to wake up to a warm rig, this morning it was quite chilly. I checked the thermostat: furnace on, set to 70, temperature was at 58. I pushed the thermostat setting up a couple of degrees and the furnace went on for about 30 seconds.

So... I'm thinking it's a thermostat problem, not a furnace problem. That said, does anyone have experience with replacing the Dometic themostat? I don't see how it comes off the wall (do I just pull?), and am not sure how big of a deal it is to replace.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

BG
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #40

I know this will sound dumb but, I say this from personal experience, how is your propane holding out?