Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #1

Our New FR3

My wife & I live outside of Tulsa,OK. and picked up our FR3 Saturday. We also stay at KOA campgrounds when we travel so we've yet tried the shower. It was only 90 something degrees and the AC could not keep the RV cool. Took it back to get issues fixed on the steering and they our going to check in on the AC unit cause it was suppose to be the 15 unit not the 13! Even my sales rep. was upset along with the everybody else involved. I'm from Ohio so yes the 13 unit would of worked,BUT this Oklahoma and her son lives in Texas! Other then that it's a great camper and the TV's are Great!
Want to thank everyone on their reviews cause it helped us and even the sales rep. to know some of the issues owners where having.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new FR3. Hope you get your AC issue resolved.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #3

Latest update as we are now in California. The Coach traveled well at 70 miles an hour with no issues. As a family we are really enjoying the outdoor entertainment system. The configuration of the coach with the overhead bunk has been fantastic. As expected there have been minor interior trim issues but what else can you expect from a house traveling on wheels? Just a few screws loose here and there but We are really enjoying it as a family.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3264553194.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	36065   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1645462658.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	36066  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
Camper Less Camping

Great looking rig
Old 07-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles5 View Post
Latest update as we are now in California. The Coach traveled well at 70 miles an hour with no issues. As a family we are really enjoying the outdoor entertainment system. The configuration of the coach with the overhead bunk has been fantastic. As expected there have been minor interior trim issues but what else can you expect from a house traveling on wheels? Just a few screws loose here and there but We are really enjoying it as a family.
Looks great!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattazz View Post
My wife & I live outside of Tulsa,OK. and picked up our FR3 Saturday. We also stay at KOA campgrounds when we travel so we've yet tried the shower. It was only 90 something degrees and the AC could not keep the RV cool. Took it back to get issues fixed on the steering and they our going to check in on the AC unit cause it was suppose to be the 15 unit not the 13! Even my sales rep. was upset along with the everybody else involved. I'm from Ohio so yes the 13 unit would of worked,BUT this Oklahoma and her son lives in Texas! Other then that it's a great camper and the TV's are Great!
Want to thank everyone on their reviews cause it helped us and even the sales rep. to know some of the issues owners where having.
That's weird because when we spoke with the designer he said that they only come equipped with a 13500 unit and a. 15000btu unit is not even optional. We found that we can keep the coach reasonably comfortable If we plug it in early in the morning before it gets hot that way when we are loading the coach it's a lot more comfortable. Nonetheless we really like our approach so it's all working out.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #7

Just heading out next week with out FR3 that we have had for about a month. Looking forward to see how the AC works in No. Cal around Lake Tahoe area and through Redding. My concern also also with the AC. Very nice RV! I have been looking for a while and glad I found the FR3. Keep you posted.

DR
Old 07-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #8

Yes you are right about no 15,000 being an option and my salesman was missed informed and felt bad.
Well since I posted this the dealer took in and they found the vents clogged up with debris and even tape! So now we can sit in the gallery and feel the AC blowing from the vents. We're getting covers put over the vents so we can keep them open when not in use and while we're traveling. We are going to Lawton for our FIRST Full time out with it on Aug.9 and will let y'all know how it goes.

Rick & Dora
Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #9

The 15k AC is a direct drop in, so that's an option if it continues to be an issue. At some point I'm sure they'll offer it as an option as more ppl request it. Even in Maine most dealers automatically order any decent sized RV with the AC upgrade; it's cheap money spent on improved performance.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #10

I'm considering buying the FR3. Would you recommend this unit? I've been checking out Forest River products only for Class C or B+ and like the flexibility with FR3. Looks like the Coachmen Pursuit is similar to FR3.