Old 10-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #1

Overhead bunk stuck halfway down?

New problem for me tonight - lowering the bunk, it somehow got wedged against the caninet trim piece above the metal "track" that it rests atop on the drivers side. We were able to get it unhedged and to drop onto the track, but now the motors will only move a little but in each direction. I have power and can raise it lower a few inches, but cannot fully lower or raise. Any ideas?

A few notes:

Since it can raise and lower a bit, I don't think it's a fuse.

I Understand the synchronization can be reset but the I srructions assumd it is fully raised or lowered.

pstrawbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:43 AM   #2

When our upper bunk gets stuck, I've had luck rocking it back and forth using the switch up and down. Usually it will move a bit more each time, until it moves past the sticking point. I keep meaning to lubricate the mechanism. Hope you get it working.

2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, converted to 50amp, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser.
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:34 AM   #3

Thanks - I toggled the power a few times and rocked the switch for a few minutes and got it going again. Just needed more patience than I had last night at midnight!
pstrawbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:41 AM   #4

Be careful. The hinge on our bunk broke. Do you suppose this has happened to yours
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #5

We had our bunk get stuck halfway after only 2 trips. Iím wondering if I should lower it and just leave it down permanently. It was fixed under warranty... but this sounds like a common problem
LytesOutFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #6

We finally had ours looked at! According to the engineer that looked at ours... the bolt used is the lowest grade bolt possible.. and it is too short . So there is no way for the locking nuts to work properly. Just another junk job cutting corners to save a buck. Do yourself a favour. Take it apart and get longer bolts that can be used with the locking nuts.. if your bolt catches in the side bar like ours you will twist not only this bracket but the side bar too. Good luck .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516076891.823361.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	674.3 KB
ID:	160264.

colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk