Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #1

PDI on 2018 FR 3 30DS

Hello all. We are about to become brand new FROGs- we pick up our 2018 FR3 30DS at the end of the month and are trying to put together a PDI check list to use when doing the walk through with our dealer. Does anyone have a checklist? Or recommendations on items to watch Out first? Thanks for your help.

Versus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Go to the Library tab above and under Most Popular Files there is a PDI checklist you can download and print out to take with you. Use the parts that pertain to your particular camper. Congrats and enjoy your 2018 FR3 30DS !

Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #3

If I could do it all over again, I could have caught the 'clicking' noise from the slide motor that went out shortly I picked up my new unit...

For the rest the PDI list covers most of it all.

Oh also please climb up the roof and inspect (not sure if that's on the PDI)

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY CAMPING WE LOVE OUR 28DS
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #4

Based on my experience with our 2016 30DS, I'd run both slides in and out 100X . We did it maybe 3X during PDI, but within a week we snapped a cable in the big slide.

Won't bore you with all the repair detail, but it was in mobile shops and a FR dealer for almost two months before they figured out one of the internal pulleys hadn't been aligned properly in the factory. The entire slide had to come out to effect the repair.

Other PITA issue was a leaking bedroom window. Obviously didn't pick up in PDI, but sure discovered it first night we camped in a storm!!

All that said, almost 2 years and 15K miles in, overall we've been happy with our FR3.
bmmarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

I'd suggest spending the night at the dealer and checking out the appliances and any other things you can. We did that when we bought our 5th wheel in 2004. This also gave us a chance to ask questions that were and were not coveted in our 20 minute orientation. Found 5 items the dealer could fix. Of course, there were other issues later.
anolefan4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdi