Old 07-15-2016, 03:47 PM   #101
Curiouser and Curiouser

Lost Dutchman State Park

Superstition Mountains at Apache Junction, Arizona. Beautiful scenery and lots of wildlife. This park is a 10!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	114182  

Old 07-31-2016, 06:09 PM   #102

Smile Getting ready to hit the road

Yup a little early to head South for the winter but getting ready with a new towed Chevy 2016 Equinox. with Blue Ox tow bar . No more tow dolly.
Plus Sleep number bed and fan in Bathroom . cant wait.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160731_143525.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	115948  

Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #103
Curiouser and Curiouser

Looks great!
We are considering what to use to tow our Honda CRV. What did you not like about the dolly?
Old 08-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #104
Rickydeee

Wilderness State Park in Northern Michigan.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	116030  
Old 08-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #105
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
Looks great!
We are considering what to use to tow our Honda CRV. What did you not like about the dolly?

What year is your CRV. We tow our 2014 (last year that can be towed 4 down) with a Blue Ox tow bar and base plate, SMI Stay-in Play supplemental brake system, and a RVi towed battery charger. I love it!
I opted against a dolly because it, to me, was too much of a hassle. Offload the vehicle, unhook dolly, find a place to put it (if your not in a pull through space).

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:38 AM   #106

Smile Tow dolly

The tow dolly had to be move a round by hand to place in site spot or some parks you have to put in there storage area . plus the driving up on and unloading it. If you use tow dolly I would get a crank wheel for tongue to make it easier to moce a round by hand.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #107
Curiouser and Curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
What year is your CRV. We tow our 2014 (last year that can be towed 4 down) with a Blue Ox tow bar and base plate, SMI Stay-in Play supplemental brake system, and a RVi towed battery charger. I love it!
I opted against a dolly because it, to me, was too much of a hassle. Offload the vehicle, unhook dolly, find a place to put it (if your not in a pull through space).

Thank you for responding! We have a 2014 CRV which we bought specifically for towing - but so far we have not put it to use. We have seen people trying to muscle their dollies around and it did not look very fun. However, we have also talked to two people whose car separated from the motorhome (not sure if the tow came with it or stayed attached to the motorhome). One said they had hit a particularly large pothole, and the other was blown a little over in the lane and the car hit some sand and shot off into the desert on its own. Do these seem right, or more like what an embarrassed driver would say instead of it wasn't hooked up right in the first place?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:53 PM   #108
Curiouser and Curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl17 View Post
The tow dolly had to be move a round by hand to place in site spot or some parks you have to put in there storage area . plus the driving up on and unloading it. If you use tow dolly I would get a crank wheel for tongue to make it easier to moce a round by hand.
Thank you so much for responding. Two folks have responded and both said the same thing which was (essentially) use a tow not a dolly!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #109

We tow the '13 CrV with the Blue Ox tow bars including the Blue Ox Patriot brake system. So far we have 4000 miles of trouble-free towing. We love how simple and quick it is to hook and unhook the car for four down towing. Plus having just travelled through the hills and mountains of the PA turnpike, I can say the FR3 has plenty of power to tow, even on elevation.
2013 Honda CR-V
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #110
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
Thank you for responding! We have a 2014 CRV which we bought specifically for towing - but so far we have not put it to use. We have seen people trying to muscle their dollies around and it did not look very fun. However, we have also talked to two people whose car separated from the motorhome (not sure if the tow came with it or stayed attached to the motorhome). One said they had hit a particularly large pothole, and the other was blown a little over in the lane and the car hit some sand and shot off into the desert on its own. Do these seem right, or more like what an embarrassed driver would say instead of it wasn't hooked up right in the first place?

Got to be honest with you. I've not heard of anything like this happening with a Blue Ox or a Roadmaster tow system. Anybody????
I have heard of instances with a ball hitch tow system.
But, like anything else, if improperly set up, problems could arise.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote