Old 06-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #1

Piloto (shower leak)

Have seen where a lot of fr3 owners as well as myself have a problem with the shower leaking on the floor. I have a new 2014 and no matter how I place the shower curtain I have water leaking in the floor. Looks like it runs down shower wall to a border down low and then along border to front of shower before going on floor. Shower curtain is also much too long and covers drain, clogging it. This looks like a design fault and was corrected on the 2015 models with a folding plastic door.
Has anyone tried to get Forest River to fix this uh-oh???
Also another blunder is the sliding door between kitchen area and the hallway to bath area-- the latch that tears up the wood work when it is in the closed position- it also holds the door open part way.
I am presently looking for a "cup" that can be counter sunk into the door frame that the latch can fit into when the door is shut- this would keep latch from tearing up the woodwork AND allow the door to close entirely. Still looking for one right shape and deep enough. I think forest river definitely should give us a fix for this one!

Old 06-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #2

The shower curtain is a well known issue.
Some have used the corner guards available at camping supply places to keep it in. Some of us have purchased after market accordian doors that solve the issue.

Cost me about $80 to get the door from one of the big discount RV places. Also added a Fantasic Fan (that was quite a bit more but well worth it). Sure the newest versions already have some of these upgrades. I saved over $10K over the newest model so Im still way ahead.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #3

shower curtain leaks

The built in shower curtain on the 2015 models also leak. We have a 2015 30DS & the shower was not caulked properly. It leaked and the water ran to the bedroom before we realized there was a problem. The dealer recaulked it for us, but there is still a problem with the part at the bottom of the shower where the 2 pieces overlap. Water seems to run behind the shower & underneath. Then, we find water oozing out. Still have to get that issue addressed.
Grandma99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #4

We also acquired the shower curtain and had no problems with leaking, but for aesthetic purposes we purchased a shower door from amazon for around 70 bucks, installed it in about an hour and am very pleased with the outcome!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #5

I installed a "hard" shower door. Got mine at Home Depot. Installation is relatively simple and it works great! No leaks whatsoever and plenty of room in the shower.

Live Aloha
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #6

thanks guys that is probably what I will have to do- working with the dealer now, he is going to try to get Forest River to pay for the shower door since the curtain was not correct to start with and so many people are having trouble with it. We will see how far that will go though! I don't have much faith in forest river.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #7

Good luck!

Live Aloha
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #8

Just got word from dealership that the factory has oked the replacement of my shower curtain with the folding door that the 2015 models have, at their cost! I did not expect that, and I am sure happy about it.

Tags
leak, show, shower