Old 08-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #1

Pioneer In dash radio

Just wanted to pass this on. I had never been really happy with the sound of my in dash radio. Plus I didn't like using my phone for the navigation part while on the road. Everyone should watch the You Tube videos on the model you have in your FR3, you will be surprised what it will do without any upgrades.
I added the Navigation module and it is wonderful and you can set it for car truck and semi. Which is great for avoiding low underpasses.I live in Mobile and my phone was always directing through a tunnel that had restrictions for 12'. Now the Pioneer directs me around to the other tunnel the trucks use.It gives me turn by turn through the sound system. My copilot can't read maps and is not iPhone savvy. No more harsh words while I'm driving. It also has up to date traffic and all the other info that my Mercedes Navi has.
I also added the Sirius module. Its $10 a month for service. I had issues trying to stream it on my phone. Again I can't try and figure out what is going with the phone while driving.
The last and the one thing I am more pleased with than the others is I added a Subwoofer.I mounted to the wood board under the dash below the radio. Plug and play as all of these upgraded were . I'm not in to music or the sound from a movie being loud but this rounded out the sound.I listen to the radio a lot in campgrounds. I listen to everything from High Energy Dance ,Country To Opera. The sub made a world of difference.
Just wanted to pass this on.
I'm a happy camper.

HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortMi View Post
I added the Navigation module

WHAT!!!!????

Thanks for the info!

Old 08-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #3

Uh...... step by step instructions paleeeeze!
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:49 PM   #4

The instruction booklet that came with it was useless in a way. To much info and the print was had to read. Great videos on You Tube! Pioneer even has some great informative videos on there as well.

\
Old 08-27-2018, 06:57 AM   #5

Where did you get the navigation module?
anolefan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:25 AM   #6

HortMi, what model of panel and what model of FR3?
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #7

Btw, it's difficult to hear the radio when underway. Wish FR had paid more attention to sound suppression when developing the FR3.
anolefan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:37 PM   #8
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortMi View Post
Just wanted to pass this on. I had never been really happy with the sound of my in dash radio. Plus I didn't like using my phone for the navigation part while on the road. Everyone should watch the You Tube videos on the model you have in your FR3, you will be surprised what it will do without any upgrades.
I added the Navigation module and it is wonderful and you can set it for car truck and semi. Which is great for avoiding low underpasses.I live in Mobile and my phone was always directing through a tunnel that had restrictions for 12'. Now the Pioneer directs me around to the other tunnel the trucks use.It gives me turn by turn through the sound system. My copilot can't read maps and is not iPhone savvy. No more harsh words while I'm driving. It also has up to date traffic and all the other info that my Mercedes Navi has.
I also added the Sirius module. Its $10 a month for service. I had issues trying to stream it on my phone. Again I can't try and figure out what is going with the phone while driving.
The last and the one thing I am more pleased with than the others is I added a Subwoofer.I mounted to the wood board under the dash below the radio. Plug and play as all of these upgraded were . I'm not in to music or the sound from a movie being loud but this rounded out the sound.I listen to the radio a lot in campgrounds. I listen to everything from High Energy Dance ,Country To Opera. The sub made a world of difference.
Just wanted to pass this on.
I'm a happy camper.
I replaced the Alpine radio in my 2500HD Silverado (which a previous owner put in to replace the original) with a Chinese import that included GPS navigation along with loads of other benefits. Tons cheaper than a GPS module for the Alpine.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #9

This is what I ordered and installed.All Amazon
Navigation module - AVIC-V280 - $249.00
Subwoofer - TSWX130DA - $!59.88
Sirius Module - Sxv300 $30.00 but I got this credited when I added the service

The Navi was a little expensive but it's saving a lot of arguments while I'm driving! Well worth the price! Turn by turn voice and I have it set for truck so it won't send me under a bridge or tunnel to low.Plus it has traffic included.

Tags
radio