Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #1

Power Shade FR3 30DS 2016 Not Working

I've found some older posts about the front motorshade not working, but they seem to be mostly for the Georgetown models. I've had my 30DS for about 2 months and the shade worked the first few times we took it out, but then it seemed to work only intermittently. I took it to the dealer and of course it worked when I picked it up. Since then, it's only worked once or twice and right now it's not working. At this point the dealer is going to order a new one for me. Just curious if this is a common problem for other folks or if I'm a unique situation.

I've messed around with the little black button at the top right, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Any information will be appreciated.
amerrybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #2

I experienced the front shade not working once. I checked fuses, and connections; all seemed fine. Everything else was working, just not the shade. After about a half hour, I tried the shade again and it worked; don't know why or what was wrong.

Had exactly the same thing happen with steps not retracting once. Opened and shut the door again after checking connections, and they worked.

I believe that there's a loose or bad ground wire somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #3

Just checking the simple stuff. I think the front shade only works with the engine off and possibly with the keys removed.

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #4

Mine just kept loosing its memory. Fr replaced.

If you don't follow the setting procedure exactly, like pushing the button and not finishing it can forget everything and appear not to work.
b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #5

With motor off the shade should lower all the way. With the motor on, it functions as a sun visor and will only lower to a set height.
b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #6

Had the same problem. Looked up the reset sequence for the shade in the load of papers from fr and reset. If I remember right you have to reach the shade switch and the little button at the top left side of windshield. Now it works well.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:50 AM   #7

Here's a link to the instructions that we used when we reset ours.

http://www.mcdinnovations.com/files/...nersManual.pdf
Old 03-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #8

Also check the dash switch. Ours stopped and after going through the reset a couple of times I checked the switch and it was loose. Probably due to the dash vibrations.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #9

I followed the instructions and reset my 2016 FR# shade allowing me to move it while driving - that is with the engine running - so I can reset it when needed. It helps to be able to lower and raise it according to direction and sun. I haven't had any problems since but I keep the instructions in my folder in case needed.
Richard Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power