Old 08-29-2016, 01:55 AM   #1

Quality of FR3

What do you think of the quality of an FR3? And would you buy it again?

Old 08-29-2016, 06:33 AM   #2

Quality is fine. Would not buy a used one. Warranty dept. is awesome. Customer service overall is top notch. Having a solid dealer close to home would be preferable. Would not buy if I did not have some DIY skills.

YES, would buy again in a heartbeat!

Old 08-29-2016, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRv View Post
Would not buy if I did not have some DIY skills.
That's for sure. We bought ours used, 9 months old and we're ok with not dealing with a dealer to get things fixed. We just took a long hard look at it on pre-delivery and figured if anything does need to be fixed that I could do it. RVs are nothing like modern day cars. They need a lot of attention the first couple of years and DIY ability lends a long way to make it tolerable. Since we didn't have a local FR3 dealer, there was no way in he!! was I going to let the RV sit in some dealer lot for weeks at a time for a warranty repair. So we were fine with a new(used) unit. I couldn't recommend an RV for anyone that isn't handy though. Just too many systems to tweak from time to time. But for us, the benefits outweigh the negatives. And my two experiences (headlights/Generator vent) with the FR warranty reps via email, even though its outside its original warranty have been excellent (replacements sent free). So if you do buy an RV and your not so handy, be damn sure your dealer is top notch. Otherwise you'll come out of this RV experience pretty sour.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #4

X2 on DIY. Lots of systems and FR takes a lot of heat when the problem is really an OEM. Most would be surprised on what they can handle using this forum. You really need to try to understand how things work, not just how to fix them.

If you can't fix anything expect to spend a lot of time and money at rv shops.

If you want to learn read others experiences before you have a problem and then search for your problem as others have certainly been there already.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #5

Would buy again. But, have come to realize that if you don't want to work on it you probably need a different level of coach.

Several things wrong but addressable by a mid level DYI person....

If you want a perfect coach I am not sure one can find it in this price range....
Old 08-29-2016, 09:02 AM   #6

Even a 2017 Prevost 2017 H3-45W with an MSRP of $2,252,576 would have stuff break, malfunctions and warranty repairs.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #7

My family is loving our 2016 FR3.........Perfect for us
Old 08-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #8

Well we are both handy . It just seems there is a lot of things done cheaply or not at all...
Old 08-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #9

Our 2016 has had only 2 small issues and dealer fixed while we waited. We don't need the bells and whistles of some of the higher priced coaches nor the head ache of a monthly payment. The FR3 is great for the price point and I would defiantly buy again.

Tags
quality