Old 09-26-2018, 07:42 PM   #1

Questions regarding the 2019 FR3

Went to the Hershey show this month and found a FR3 NEW 2019 30 DS floor plan that we liked. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Is there anything I should be aware of that would be a "deal killer". What mods do you recommend if we purchase this coach.

Ron & Betty; Ormond Beach, FL

bootsthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsthecat View Post
Went to the Hershey show this month and found a FR3 NEW 2019 30 DS floor plan that we liked. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Is there anything I should be aware of that would be a "deal killer". What mods do you recommend if we purchase this coach.

Saw it at FROG rally in Elkhart and loved the extra 12 inches they added to bedroom slide. I have the 2018 and it's a little struggle to get around the bed!

jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #3

We also saw the display 2019 FR3 30DS when we were at the rally this year in Goshen. Really liked the way they improved the slides and added the theater seat option. I would probably ensure it has the 50 amp system with 2 A/C's versus 30 amp. Living in the south this becomes a must.

After purchase most owners complete some level of suspension upgrades to improve the handling. Look it over good top to bottom and climb under and on top. Also try ever system before you take delivery. Some do not get exercised due to off seasons.

Enjoy!
2006 GMC Canyon (toad)
FR3Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #4

Just checked the 2019 Brochure and 50 amp system is standard. Glad they made that standard.
2006 GMC Canyon (toad)
FR3Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #5

Agreed that the X package is nice. Even though we have been in the south during the summer, we usually just use one AC at a time. We have the front on during the day and switch to the rear one when we go bed. It's nice to have the coming from directly overhead the bed on hot nights.
jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #6

jimlitwin,

we purchased 17 32DS had the same problem with space walking around king bed. we measured platform and had mattress made to fit. gained 8 inches space between bed and wardrobe, makes a big difference
wnewman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #7
Arvee Pilot

2019 30ds

Our 30DS has (so far) gotten a toilet replacement, a Fantastic fan for the bathroom as well as a medicine cabinet. I have a pullout drawer under the front dinette bench that comes out about 2 1/2 feet. I am currently completing the installation of a Xantrex 2000W PSW inverter which will power the microwave and all GFI outlets. I copied other mods from the forum, including nightstands, separate display for the rear and side cameras, and added a holder so I can use my tablet to run Sygic RV navigation. The factory display is completely useless, IMHO.

I am also adding a magazine/book rack below the mirror next to the dinette, and plan on designing storage units to replace the front overhead bunk, which we don't use.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed their ideas and knowledge for newbie consumption 😉
Old Oregoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
Arvee Pilot

I also want to add: no suspension mods or handling aids are needed on the 2019! I had a 700 mile trip home after purchasing the 30DS, and I was amazed at how well it did with crosswinds and oncoming air blasts from big rigs. I had asked the salesman about adding things to improve handling, and he said the coach no longer needed that because of FR adding MorRyde chassis upfits.

He was correct.
Old Oregoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #9

I haven't driven the New 2019 30DS yet. It is on the way from the factory and should be delivered late next week. Looking forward to see how it handles.
As a side note, I did drive a original older 2019 and it swayed side to side terribly when I turned the steering wheel back and forth.

Ron & Betty
Ormond Beach, FL
bootsthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsthecat View Post

Pleas3 please read through this forum... There are very few FR 3 owners that would actually buy it again. .. and why buy new... Buying new means you will spend the first year with your RV in the shop doing warranty work on things that were over looked.. we bought new twice... And never again... We would buy a couple of years old ... Better price and all the bugs are ironed out

colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3