Old 09-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #1

Rear TV Problems

When we hook up to RV park cable, the front TV works fine but the rear TV reception is awful. Am I doing something wrong? Also, how do you access behind the rear TV?

Old 09-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #2

Don't know about the cable issue, but my rear tv I can easily click out of the bracket by raising it up. This way you can double check your connection there, and the outlet where tv is connected to power has a spare receptacle, which I use for a Google Chromecast to stream to that TV, since this rear TV is not connected to the DVD (2015 28DS)

Old 09-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi2007 View Post
When we hook up to RV park cable, the front TV works fine but the rear TV reception is awful. Am I doing something wrong? Also, how do you access behind the rear TV?

Lexi2007, we're having the same issue. We typically hook up one of our iPhone's or iPad to the HDMI slot in order to watch movies on Netflix or other channel application, and it works great, but when we put it in TV or Cable mode the picture is terrible. I looked everywhere for a button to push, or something that might fix it, but came up empty, so I'm Looking forward to seeing if anyone has a solution as well.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:30 AM   #4

Turns off the signal booster when ur hooked to cable.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:36 AM   #5

From most post I read on here it seems that the most common problem are the splitters they use and also the cheap coax and connectors, I would start there.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #6

We do.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #7

Rear TV Problems

The last time I experienced that I found the coax cable from the post to the coach was bad. Replaced it ($6) and all was well. I since went to a hardware store and bought a decent quality Monster cable.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #8

You are probably not at a CG now but on your next trip, if you have a long enough cable, try hooking the park cable directly to your rear TV. If the picture is better, then you have a loose connection between the splitter and your rear TV. If the picture is not better, then the TV's tuner is most likely the issue.

In my 2014 FR3 30DS, the cable is high quality 3GHZ rated RG6 with high quality connectors. However, when I installed my Dish receiver, I found the most of the connections at the splitter were loose. I was able to remove the wallplate (with the antenna booster) and pull the splitter through the hole. If you can't do that, you can reach the splitter by removing the head unit.

Lastly check the coax connectors behind the TV. I don't recall if there is a wallplate back there or not. I also don't recall how to remove the rear TV from the mount, but I don't think it is difficult.

Good luck!