Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 03:57 AM   #1
2020 Bershire 34QS

Reverse image backup camera

FR3 30DS 2016

Got the rig out of storage and have been checking out all the systems. I did notice that when putting the RV in reverse I get the message on the display "Image may be reversed" and it is. I don't remember this from last year, but at my age that could just be a senior moment.

Did I change something in the settings or is this the way it should be?

Thanks,

Bill
MrBill16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:23 AM   #2

Not a FR3 BUC but there are times our BUC is "Upside down or Left to right backwards" Real pain when trying to back for Hook up! There is a button for "orientation" our's is a I Ball BUC! Youroo!!
Old 04-24-2016, 07:06 AM   #3

Read the owners manual. We have a different model, however I'm sure they are all similar. On ours, there is a way to change it back by using the buttons on the unit. Unfortunately, also at MY age, I don't remember the exact procedure.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:13 AM   #4
2020 Bershire 34QS

The first thing I did was to read the manual. Unfortunately, there is nothing there that mentions reversing the image.
MrBill16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #5

Look at the bright side, senior moments equates to "learning new things". Like Yogi Bera said: "it's deja vu all over again". Have a good camping season guys, and drive safe.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #6

In our previous motorhome, there was simply a switch on the back that would switch it around. Not fun when reversed. Good luck
gschwane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #7

I have a Tadi Brothers system. On the face of my monitor,there are several buttons. 1 On/Off, 2 Cam 1 or Cam 2, 3 An orientation button. It allows me to reverse the image or turn upside down. No damage will be done pushing the bottons.

You might have touched one inadvertently.

Good luck.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #8

Go through the options and change it up.... Ours was that way from the dealer. I changed it first thing
Days Camped 74
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #9

A reverse image camera is just that. The picture you see in the monitor is exactly the picture your would see in your rear view mirror. You are facing forward, the camera is facing rearward. The Reverse notice you see on your monitor is just a warning that the picture is reversed (as it should be). You may be getting this because you recently installed the battery.

If you placed the camera in the windshield left would be right and right would be left. You would then need a front/forward imaging camera. Some cameras have a switch to change from one to the other.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
A reverse image camera is just that. The picture you see in the monitor is exactly the picture your would see in your rear view mirror. You are facing forward, the camera is facing rearward. The Reverse notice you see on your monitor is just a warning that the picture is reversed (as it should be). You may be getting this because you recently installed the battery.

If you placed the camera in the windshield left would be right and right would be left. You would then need a front/forward imaging camera. Some cameras have a switch to change from one to the other.
It's in the settings go to menu to fix it.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #11

Camera reversed

We recently test drove a Coachmen Pursuit....it was a 2014 with low mileage and everything was backwards on the screen. It was awful and the salesman didn't know how to fix it... in fact he thought it was ok. Needless to say we didn't buy it but I felt there likely was a way to change it in the setup.
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrle View Post
It's in the settings go to menu to fix it.
If the camera is rear facing and the monitor is forward facing, it should be a reverse image. Nothing to fix.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #13

Quote:
If the camera is rear facing and the monitor is forward facing, it should be a reverse image. Nothing to fix.
Really? Even the salesman said it was confusing and wierd. Your monitor should look like looking into your rear view mirror in my opinion.
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Yeah, that monitor needs to be mounted somewhere behind the driver so he can swivel around while backing up so there's no confusion. You, can't be serious.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Yeah, that monitor needs to be mounted somewhere behind the driver so he can swivel around while backing up so there's no confusion. You, can't be serious.
"Backup cameras and side-mirror cameras need to be reverse image for your brain to interpret the data the same way it interprets actual mirrors. Speaking from experience (my backup monitor has selectable normal/reverse image), it takes a lot of mental gymnastics to turn the wheel the correct direction if the image is not reversed.

"You definitely want the reverse image unless you plan to put the monitor behind you and turn backwards to look at it. Other than doing that, it will be terribly confusing. I believe that the image is generally reversed at the monitor, not the camera. Therefore it should not be too difficult to do with most systems. It always sort of appears that the systems made specially for RV's with reverse image are more expensive. I suspect that it is merely because they know that we will pay more for that feature and not due to superior quality over security cameras. "

"My brother purchased a rear view camera and monitor that did not have a reversed image. "no problem, he said, I know that the image will show flipped side to side". About 4 miles from his house, on the interstate(6 lanes), he saw a semi coming up on his right in his monitor, so he started moving to the left. Fortunately, he checked his mirror first and saw the semi on his left. He turned off the rear view camera and did not use it until he got home and reversed the image. Jack"

Guess I'm not alone one being wrong on this. Or am I? Let's do a play on words.You are facing forward, the monitor is ahead of you. As you face the monitor, the image is as if you are looking in a rear view mirror. To get a proper prospective, the rear camera view has to be reverse imaging. It's pretty obvious that the monitor is ahead of the driver. Maybe I was just not being clear.