Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Roadside assistance

Hi all. Looking for opinions.
We've been members of AAA for many many years and when we bought our MH, we added RV road assist. Now we're comparing different companies.
I know many of you have road assist and would like to hear your feelings. We're comparing FMC, GS and Coach-Net.
Appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #2

We've only owned our TT for 2 years, have Good Sams, and they were VERY helpful both times I have needed them so far...

The first call was after I failed to double-check my lug nuts after swapping-out the original China Bombs for Maxxis. By the time I reached the CG the lug bolts & rim for one TT tire were damaged. Within an hour, GS had a local mobile commercial trailer mechanic at the campsite. It was nearing dark on a weekend but the TT mechanic only charged me his standard rate for labor & the actual cost of parts. GS covered a flat-rate for the service call & checked back with me to ensure that I was happy with the service they arranged.

The second time I called GS was when my Ram's Hemi blew on my commute home from work (not towing...). When I told them the engine was locked-up they sent a big flatbed truck. The tow service was one of the better ones in our area. The driver towed my truck to the repair shop of my choice and then dropped me off at a restaurant so that I could wait for my ride home. The driver was VERY patient & careful with my truck saying that GS pays them a decent rate to take good care of their customers.

In comparison, the local dealer needed to move my truck to another lot & the tow service they hired sent the most impatient & careless driver I have ever met. Had I not been present I am positive the tow driver would have damaged my truck...

So I can't vouch for the 1,000's of service providers GS contracts with across America, but both times I needed them they sent quality services.
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

We had Coach-Net for years, and used them several times, and were happy with the results. I think they all offer the same basic services one would need. Having said that, we recently changed to Good Sam, but for me, Good Sam was offering a better price when my subscription came due, so that was my only motive. Good Luck!