Old 11-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #1

Roof repair

I have been so put off with a repair on my roof and I want your opinions before I contact Forest River.
My experience with the dealer has not been a good one so far. But that is another issue.
Two monthe ago on a trip the front corner of my roof ballooned. I was within 300 mile from home so drove back slower and kept a watch so it didn't get any worse.
I waited 45 days to get into a dealer for the repair. I asked the dealer since they were fairly close for an appointment so the work could be done in two days. I didnt want the Coach to sit on the lot for days while waiting. They said fine and even when I dropped it off they said it would be ready the next day.Well that didnt happen and it set for two days before they started work. Four days latter I have it back.
The FR3 has to go back anyway because the roof started to ballon again during the 30 mile trip back home. Needless to say I have lost almost all confidence in the dealer but give me your opinion of how the repair looks. I'm posting both before and after pictures. This is a six month old 2017 FR3 28DS.
The repair order states, Remove front cap strip,remove side drip rail and restreach roof menbrane.You can still see the bubbles in the roof on the side above the drip rail. The service manager says this is normal.
Thanks for your opinions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0roof1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	190889   Click image for larger version

Name:	roof.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	190890   Click image for larger version

Name:	0repair1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	190891   Click image for larger version

Name:	0repair 2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	190892   Click image for larger version

Name:	reapir3.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	190893  

HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
edm

We had the same issue a couple of years ago. I contacted Forest River and they had the dealer replace our entire roof. We have put on about 15000 miles on it now with no problems. I would talk with Forest River.

edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:16 PM   #3

Absolutely call FR! The warranty on mine was expired. It was still repaired for free. (not replaced)
Old 11-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #4

Things were looking up. Talked to a Forest River rep and he seemed concerned. Sent in pictures and more pictures .Also addressed other on going issues. Felt good that the 6 month old $100K RV would be repaired and back on the road in a couple of weeks. Got and email today from this rep and he stated I should contact a Forest River Dealer to have my repair taken care of. I asked him to explain his comment after we had lenghty emails back and forth and his responce was he was always available to talk. Im glad this all documented!

WTF!

So back to square one. I sent him an email and said I will back in touch with you Monday morning. I'm retired and have the time to put up with this BS !
Guess I need to talk to your supervisor!
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #5

We had our entire roof membrane replaced for free twice now. We have 25k miles on 2017 32 DS. Now itís in shop to release engine header, also on warranty but itís been 4 months since we have had it so ready to trade it in!
SaintsAngels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, roo, roof, roof repair