Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #1

Routes from Mid-Ohio to FT Worth

I️ am looking for suggested routes and places to camp between Mid-Ohio and FT Worth TX, traveling during January.
AlbertFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #2

Traveling interstate highways, take I-71 to Louisville, KY, bypass Louisville and take I-65 to Nashville, take I-40 west through Memphis to Little Rock and the I-30 west to Ft Worth. You may want to check some trip planners on the web or if you are a Good Sam member use their trip planner for possible places to stop overnight, not the most complete planner but good for ideas since they don't show every possible camp area. For more complete listing use RV Parky or Allstays for mobile phones (or PC) and check RV Park Reviews to figure out how far you want to travel each day and look for campsites accordingly. If you have a MH it is easier to drycamp overnight at a Walmart or Cracker Barrel.

Need more information about your travels for the rest of your question. What type of RV do you have, how many people, pets are there, how long are you comfortable at driving before you say that's enough for today.

That trip is nearly 1100 miles. Will take a minimum of 2 or 3 nights on the road at 350 miles (8-9 hours) a day with Ft Worth the last stop and that is a long tiring amount of travel each day with a RV. Consider fuel stops for the RV and yourself, rest stops for any pets (dogs). Call ahead for each stop to make sure they are open during the winter.

It will depend on winter weather conditions and you may have to adjust to get further south before going west if the roads conditions in Tennessee and Arkansas turn bad but for that you just wait it out to allow for that. If you want to get further south before you head west then you can take I-65 down to Birmingham and then west on I-40 into Ft Worth but that will add at least 150 miles and another day of travel.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio