Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #1

Safe-T-alert propane alarm issue

Got up this morning and went outside and heard a steady beep coming from our FR3. I went inside and the green was flashing. I opened the slide and started the generator and now the light is on steady is still beeping solid.

Any ideas?
Old 04-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #2

I have never had much luck with them. They are only good for a few years. Also need to keep clean. They can be triggered by gas from bath room or pet farts.
johndewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #3

Check the manufacture date. They're only good for about five years.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #4

Did you check your house(coach) battery? If you turn off the house battery and the beeping stops, that's an indication in my rig that the house battery is low. Not dead, just low.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #5

Safe-T-Alert propane alarm issue

It's still on. With or without the batteries on. The green light is on steady and it has a steady beep. The dealer says it should not have power if the battery shut off is off. It's been off for over a week.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #6

I think the dealer is right.

It's getting power from somewhere. About the only thing you could do is disconnect the negative power cable from each battery until that green light goes off and the beeping stops. Then you'd know which battery powers it.

Of course, it also might be the propane detector itself, but it would be best to have the power off to it before you replace it.

Or you could ask the dealer if they can help trace it.

Another thought..... is that light changing to red when it beeps?

Have you checked the fire detector in the ceiling? Sometimes those batteries beep at intervals when the internal battery is low. (Usually it's a replaceable 9v battery.)
Old 05-04-2018, 08:34 AM   #7

Safe-T-Alert propane alarm issue

The light is steady green and the beep is steady. If I turn the batteries off the light goes off but the peep keeps on going. When I turn the batteries back on the light blinks for a while and then becomes steady.

We're taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can figure it out.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happycampers2 View Post
The light is steady green and the beep is steady. If I turn the batteries off the light goes off but the peep keeps on going. When I turn the batteries back on the light blinks for a while and then becomes steady.

We're taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can figure it out.
Check your 'smoke detector' batteries. ( usually it's located on the ceiling)

When the propane detector goes off, the light turns red and the 'beep' is ear piercing. If the unit is 'off' and the light goes off, it's not going to give off an ear piercing 'beep'. Think about it.... no power, no beep. In fact, there's no way that I'd describe the sound as a 'beep'

Just like in a home smoke detector, the smoke detector in your rig has batteries that 'beep' when the batteries are low. While the beep is annoying, it's not going to cause you to jump and leave the rig to get away from the noise of the alarm. A 9V battery usually solves that problem.

Tags
propane