Old 06-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #1

Safe-T-Plus stabilizer

We have a 2016 FR3 28DS and want to get a Safe-T-Plus stabilizer. The mounting hardware comes in two sizes based on the tie rod size. Anyone know what size tie rod comes on this year of FR3? I emailed Forest River but no response to date. Thank you for any help you provide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466269402.640685.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	111467

Old 06-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #2
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewandjason View Post
We have a 2016 FR3 28DS and want to get a Safe-T-Plus stabilizer. The mounting hardware comes in two sizes based on the tie rod size. Anyone know what size tie rod comes on this year of FR3? I emailed Forest River but no response to date. Thank you for any help you provide.

Attachment 111467
You'll want the 41-180 stabilizer and the F-119K2.5 mounting kit.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #3

Great thank you.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #4

I just installed mine on my 32ds. Very easy install, takes 30 minutes. Call safety plus direct, that is what I did and they told me exactly what I needed. Just call them save yourself the aggravation they were more then willing to help me.

Only difference is, I ditched the lock nuts in favor of lock tight. On my back under the Rv without air equipment was to difficult. I used standard nuts, lock tight and torqued to specs. I had it checked by mechanic and he said as good if not better. But you must use lock tight if not using lock nuts. The pivot point is a side to side vibration which can cause loosening.

Also i used the standard nuts on the steering assembly which were
Lock nuts and standards (this is where you fine tune the steering after install), there is 4 of those, the big ubolt nuts is what I changed and ditched the locknuts.

I did this at first because my shipped unit was missing a nut. Ace hardware did not have a replacement and no time to wait. Once I started installing and used the lock nuts, they were to tough to tighten down even with a breaker bar. I found my solution to be much better and much easier. Also I used the blue lock tight, not the hard core red stuff. 4K miles
Later everything is still good.