Old 05-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Satellite antenna whir sound

I have a roof mounted Winegard X1 Pathway automatic satellite antenna. Only had it a few days so not sure what is "normal." Every 15 minutes or so the antenna motor whirs. I think it is moving the antenna. It does this whether receiver is on or off. The Dish techs seem to think it is meant to do this and that motor won't wear out. But it seems weird. I would like to know why it does this.

2014 FR3 30DS
Z Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Yup that's normal. Even when you are set on a channel the wash tub sound will happen. It's a bit annoying especially if you are up early and your spouse is still in bed. If you turn it on it will seek and that loud vibration sound transmittal through the roof. Nothing wrong nor anything u can do about it.

I have the in motion model and it constantly does it. I wish now I had simply purchased the Dish traveler It has a wider dish and once it folds itself up it finds the birds and stays put.

2014 FR330 DS

Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:34 AM   #3
Our old automatic satellite had an on and off switch. the couple we bought it from told us that after it found the satellites, to turn it off otherwise it would periodically search again. Not the receiver (DirecTV), but the Winegard.
rlcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

antenna, satellite