Old 06-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Satellite connection

Does anyone have the Vu Cube and connected it to the T.V. On the FR3? I have been working at this for weeks and cannot seem to connect it. I have tried with the cable "in" at the back, have tried to connect with the booster switch without success... Am I missing anything?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

johnpisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
Pretty sure you dont want to go through the booster (or the campsite in located in rear basement storage). I would suggest first connecting it to the receiver via cable through a window and connect the sat receiver to the tv directly using either the hdmi or other connections located on back of set. once you have that working you ready to get it permently wired. From what i can gather you will probably want to a) run a separate cable from external to the sat receiver inside the rv and use one of the many inputs on the tv or B) bypass the booster completely and thus be able to use the rear jack.

Im planning on installing an in-motion unit on top of the RV and will run a separate cable to the sat recevier (method A). The DW likes her TV and when momma aint happy.....i get to sleep under the RV

zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
Ohhhh.... I wanted to get the cube too! The reviews are great and it seems like an easy set-up. Now I'm a little worried!
Pammyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
Thanks zippyzrx. That is exactly what I did. Ran a cable from the battery garage, up the floor under the sink and up in the closet. Hooked up the receiver in the opening over the front closet and into the cupboards behind the T.V. All wires are hidden, works like a charm. I have no problem at all with the Vu Cube.
johnpisue is offline   Reply With Quote