Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 07:29 AM   #1

Short Driver - Need help with adjusting seat

I am pretty short and drove for about 20 minutes in our new FR3 (28ft) - I can move the seat up and adjust the steering wheel but my toes were just hitting the floor. I can't figure out how to adjust the seat down. I REALLY hope that my husband isn't forced to always drive. Any pointers?
kswanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #2

Thick plat form shoes eh.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 AM   #3

That's a tough one, kswanny. These seats aren't known for their adjustability. Would a pillow behind your back help out? Doesn't get you any lower but might make the angle between you and the pedals better. Other than that, you might have to modify the pedals - extending them. That'd be a permanent fix so the hubby would have to be comfortable with it too. Again, wouldn't help you with getting closer to the floor, but might help with comfort when driving.
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #4

Check out older post's that issue was addressed in the past. Involved using shorter seat post.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #5

I bumped the old post up for you.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #6

i'm 4'10" & shrinking & have this issue no matter what vehicle i drive or have driven; it has just become 2nd nature to adapt . . . my husband has built me a small platform for a foot rest so my left leg isn't just hanging that doesn't get in his way, i put seat cushions (1 or 2, depending on how much i need to come forward) in a recyclable shopping bag & hang them over the headrest - easily removable for my husband . . . i sit on 1 or 2 seat cushions, again depending on how much height i need, slipped into a pillow case & sewn shut or a recyclable shopping bag sewn shut . . . hope this helps!
memere0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #7
Team Bleu

I had a Thor ACE for 4 months could not wait to get rid of. I'm 5ft petite lady, and it's my RV, so we added a petal extension, now with my Georgetown I have no issues
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #8

Mine was not an issue of touching the floor- not real sure how to lower the seat- and if you did when 2 nd driver uses it then what ?

On mine it was just too far back. I couldn't get it forward enough. Not sure if it was assembled wrong or what.

I just took seat out (4 bolts). Drilled 4 new holes 2 inches forward and replaced seat to the new holes. Seat will still go back with the adjustments and forward to where it works well for my vertical challenged body.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote